Privet store database is getting bigger! Help!!!!!

Privet store database is getting bigger! Help!!!!!

Post by DVT » Fri, 12 Jan 2001 12:27:01

Privet store on my Exchange 5.5 server is getting bigger everyday. I look at
size of individual mailboxes and do not see the difference or that much of a
difference.

I have 650 users and  privet store was at 22GB mark for a long time and now
it is at 32GB mark. I run online defragmentation everyday and i get 1221
messages saying that certain amount of space is freed.

Is there a problem  HELP!!!!

Privet store database is getting bigger! Help!!!!!

Do some mailboxes grow in size over time?

--
Corrections are welcome.

For "Good post" practice visit

Kirill.

Privet store database is getting bigger! Help!!!!!

Post by Amiri Jone » Sat, 13 Jan 2001 01:36:14

Quote:> Privet store on my Exchange 5.5 server is getting bigger everyday. I look
at
> size of individual mailboxes and do not see the difference or that much of
> difference.

> I have 650 users and  privet store was at 22GB mark for a long time and
now
> it is at 32GB mark. I run online defragmentation everyday and i get 1221
> messages saying that certain amount of space is freed.

    Where are you looking at the file size?  Bear in mind that as long as
the Information Store service is running, the PRIV.EDB file is open,
therefore, any file size figures you see in Windows Explorer or from a DIR
command, or anything like that, will not be accurate.  The only time that
figure will be accurate is when the IS service is stopped.
    As far as the 1221 message is concerned, this is normal.  Exchange is
merely telling you that it has completed its online defragmentation, and
that a certain amount of free space is available in the database.  Note that
this free space will be re-used before the store is expanded.

Post by Kirill S. Palagi » Sat, 13 Jan 2001 05:19:50

> > Privet store on my Exchange 5.5 server is getting bigger everyday. I look
> at
> > size of individual mailboxes and do not see the difference or that much of
> > difference.

> > I have 650 users and  privet store was at 22GB mark for a long time and
> now
> > it is at 32GB mark. I run online defragmentation everyday and i get 1221
> > messages saying that certain amount of space is freed.

>     Where are you looking at the file size?  Bear in mind that as long as
> the Information Store service is running, the PRIV.EDB file is open,
> therefore, any file size figures you see in Windows Explorer or from a DIR
> command, or anything like that, will not be accurate.  The only time that
> figure will be accurate is when the IS service is stopped.

There is another way.
XADM: How to Obtain Correct Size of the Exchange Server Database [Q259634]

Quote:

>     As far as the 1221 message is concerned, this is normal.  Exchange is
> merely telling you that it has completed its online defragmentation, and
> that a certain amount of free space is available in the database.  Note that
> this free space will be re-used before the store is expanded.

--
Corrections are welcome.

For "Good post" practice visit

Kirill.

1. Store.exe just getting bigger and bigger

Hi,
    We are running Exchange 5.5 SP3 on Winnt 4.0 SP6a.  I have notice that
the store.exe is getting bigger in memory every day.  Store.exe now consumes
60 meg of RAM????  while usally it takes aroung 20 meg of RAM.  If I reboot
the server, it goes back to is normal behavior...around 20 meg.  Both grows
everyday....

Nothing in the event viewer.

We are running Exchnage on a P3 600 with 128 meg of RAM and we have 7
mailboxes.

Why suddently without any change made to the server, does the store.exe eats
more memory?

Thanks

John

2. sync 2 servers

3. SOMEONE HELP ME. I am getting Store.exe Errror

4. Outlook Address Book Hangs...

5. Privet Information store HELP

6. MS Mail Migration question.

7. help internet mail service mailbox getting bigger and bigger

8. SLOW Inbox updates, polling problems

9. Database is getting to big

10. The privste store is getting to big over 7 gigs worth

11. big problem - database files in this store are inconsistent

12. IMS Mail box getting bigger and bigger every day

13. Help IS getting too big