Exchange Server No Longer Talks To UNIX Servers

Post by Rich Matheis » Wed, 04 Mar 1998 04:00:00

>We recently moved our DNS server and our Exchange server.  The IP addresses of
>both boxes changed as a result.  Now the Exchange server cannot send mail to
>internal UNIX servers.  After a day or two, the mail bounces back with either
>get "host unreachable" or "host unknown".

>It appears DNS is correctly configured on the Exchange server.  When we ping a
>UNIX server, it knows the correct IP address.  Any ideas what the problem
>could be?

Can you run the RESTEST tool (on the Exchange server CD in the
Support\Utils\i386 directory) from the Exchange server and does it
resolve the e-mail domain name and return the correct list of hosts?

Ping only establishes addressability (it uses only the "A" records),
not the resolution of MX records to addresses.

1. unix Pop server connectivity to exchange server through firewall

I am in the process of setting up exchange behind our firewall and would
like to know how to have exchange receive and send mail
through our pop server outside the firewall instead of people accessing the
pop3 server directly outside the firewall through outlook.
we have set up exchanges pop3 connector to
connect to the pop3 but it is not working.   Here is the error I get:

The recipient name is not recognized
MSEXCH:IMS:ISTI:ISTIMAIL:EXCHANGE 0 (000C05A6) Unknown Recipient

2. SYSLOG DNS Errors

3. Need to send mail from unix server through Exchange server

4. How can I tell what my POP3 Servers name is?

5. How to remove CC:Mail connector and Exchange Server - Server no longer exists

6. Will I need two SMTP connectors?

7. Exchange Server 5.0 makes NT Server take long to Shut Down

8. copying mail into Exchange Folders

9. Oh Exchange GURU...Client App different behaviour talking with different servers

10. Exchange Talking to our ISP's server?

11. Talking to a Com object on receipt of an e-mail into a exchange server inbox

12. Can't talk to exchange Server

13. Exchange 2k Servers wont talk to each other.