STORE.EXE hogging CPU

Post by Kevin Angl » Sun, 12 Jan 1997 04:00:00

Exchange 4.0 SP3 running on Alpha with NT 4.0 SP1.

I have two nearly identical systems in a site of the above
configuration. On one of the systems, I've recently noticed that
STORE.EXE is constantly consuming 80-90% of the CPU. This has been
observed over the course of about 10 days, but based on the total CPU
time since last reboot (11/10/96), it may have been happening since
then (when SP3 was installed). On the other system, STORE.EXE takes
about 20% of CPU.

Information Store on both systems are about the same (4 gig) and both
have about 400 users each.

There are two things that might be different: 1) On the server having
the problem, the IS is on a non-parity stripe set of two 4 gig drives;
on the other it is a single 4 gig drive. 2) After installing SP3 on
the problem server, and at the same time moving IS to the 8 gig stripe
set, the IS wouldn't start. MS PSS had me run EDBUTIL and ISINTEG.
That took about 8 hours, but found no significant problem. After that,
the IS started up fine and has been running ever since.

Suggestions?

1. Inetinfo.exe hogs CPU

We're using Exhange 5.5 SP4 with Outlook Web Access on
Server 2000.  The process, inetinfo.exe, periodically hogs
the cpu time at close to 100%.  Does anybody know what's
causing this to occur?  All assistance is greatly
appreciated.

2. Free software

3. LSASS.EXE hogs 95 - 100% CPU

4. Migrating clients from MS Mail 3.x to Exchange Server

5. Inetinfo.exe hogs CPU

6. Exchange Server option in Windows Messaging

7. Inetinfo.exe hogs cpu

8. mount public folder store from another organization

9. store.exe crahes and MAD.exe uses 100% CPU

10. STORE.EXE memory hogging (Exchange 5.5)

11. Store.exe --hogging memory--1160 errors

12. Fixing STORE.EXE resource hog

13. Store.exe hogging memory