Importing mails from .pst file to another .pst file

Importing mails from .pst file to another .pst file

Post by sridha » Mon, 15 Sep 1997 04:00:00

Hi,

I am facing a problem in a pst file. I have created a new pst file and
tried to import mails from old pst file. I could not find a way  as
microsoft exchange does not gives option to  import except *.PAB and
*.MMF . Can any body help me in this matter.

Our setup is MSMail as backend and Exchange as frontend .... as we are
in the path of migration

Thanks

Sridhar

Importing mails from .pst file to another .pst file

Post by Greg Aske » Mon, 15 Sep 1997 04:00:00

You could copy them up to an Exchange mailbox from the old PST,
and then back down to the new PST.

Or, you could add two Personal Folders services to the Exchange
profile, one for the old PST, one for the new PST.
--
Greg Askew
Business Information Technologies, Inc.

Post by Rich Matheis » Mon, 15 Sep 1997 04:00:00

>I am facing a problem in a pst file. I have created a new pst file and
>tried to import mails from old pst file. I could not find a way  as
>microsoft exchange does not gives option to  import except *.PAB and
>*.MMF . Can any body help me in this matter.

>Our setup is MSMail as backend and Exchange as frontend .... as we are
>in the path of migration

Try the Outlook client. It can import from a PST.
Richard Matheisen                             Wang Laboratories
Microsoft Certified System Engineer           Tewksbury, MA

Importing mails from .pst file to another .pst file

Post by Harley Arnet » Mon, 15 Sep 1997 04:00:00

Just link both pst files to your mail profile and drag the mail from one
pst to the other.  When you have everything copied over, delete the old pst
from your profile and then delete the old pst file.

Harley

Quote:> Hi,

> I am facing a problem in a pst file. I have created a new pst file and
> tried to import mails from old pst file. I could not find a way  as
> microsoft exchange does not gives option to  import except *.PAB and
> *.MMF . Can any body help me in this matter.

> Our setup is MSMail as backend and Exchange as frontend .... as we are
> in the path of migration

> Thanks

> Sridhar

1. pst files vs. no pst files

When we setup out Exchange Server 4.0, we setup all of our users up with
personal folders (pst), however, we find that they take up a boatload of
disk space.  Has anyone had any problems operating without personal folders
and just keeping folders in their mailbox on the server?

David H.M. Lambert
MedicalControl, Inc.
http://www.mdcl.com

2. multi domains - all mail to one mailbox

3. Importing PST file into Outlook does not import messages

4. helo

5. pst file has no mail when imported into Exchange

6. Exchange Internet Mail Flow

7. Importing existing Microsoft mail .pst and .pab files into Exchange 2000

8. How to shutdown Exchange Server from a batch file?

9. CC Mail archive files to PST files

10. Importing from .PST file to Exchange Server 5.0

11. Importing PST file to Exchange Server

12. Importing Public Folders from .pst files?

13. Export-Import of .pst file