Please can you help

Post by David Alexand » Sun, 13 Sep 1998 04:00:00

Urgent Help Needed....................

In my organistation we have the following equipment:

Pentium 2 266Mhz
198Mb Ram
4 GB Fast SCSI Hard Drive Internal
36GB External HardWare Raid System

The Software on it is:

Windows NT Server 4.0 (SP3)
ZetaFax (Fax Software)
Accounts Software (Not Server Application), only shared data folder
DataBase (Not Server Application), only shared data folder

There is going to be a Maximum of 8 Users on the System.

Is it recommended to run the Exchange Services on this machine, as it
seems to be under very little presure from these apps, and as there will
be only a max of 10 users.

Please Help

Thanks

David

Please can you help

Post by MBanya » Mon, 14 Sep 1998 04:00:00

It's always tough to size servers without specific metrics from PerfMon, but in
my opinion your server will handle the load with no problems!

- Michael Banyard

1. BIG PROBLEMS Please Help Please Help Please Help Please Help

2 days ago I had a Hard Drive crash on my exchange server <<<< no big deal
it was Raid 5
but after some inspection I found that the RAID backplane was screwed so a
discussion was made to create a new server and put Exchange on it.
No big Deal, configured the server renamed the old on server which was SPOCK
to SPOCK1 named the new server SPOCK now SPOCK1 is/was a BDC the new Spock
is not E-mail is up and running fine but I have noticed some residual
problems. Anywhere I had given a local group access to a mailbox they can no
longer see it. It tells them that no do not have permission to view the
mailbox. Any Ideas? please this has me stumped
If I need to make this a BDC is there any way to make a normal server a BDC
with having to completely reinstall?

Please help

2. cannot receive mail sent from hotmail or yahoo

3. Distribution List Help Please Help Please Help

4. How can I protect Mailbox with a password?

5. Please help, PLEASE PLEASE

6. Third Party Add-ons

7. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP

8. blank owa inbox

9. Canned Exchange Quota Messages and how to change

10. Canned Messages

11. Canned/Custom MSExchange Reports

12. Mailbox limit canned message

13. Canning the Job