Exchange Online Back

Post by Adil Ibrahi » Sat, 08 Jun 2002 12:43:32

hi all,
can anyone help me how can i set up my exchange online
back and how to recover it in case of disaster

Regards

Adil

Exchange Online Back

Post by AI » Sat, 08 Jun 2002 14:56:23

Hello,

Please refer to  XADM: Recommendations for Successful Disaster Recovery
(Q185078) at http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q185078
and other articles at
http://www.microsoft.com/Exchange/techinfo/administration/55/Disaster...
http://www.microsoft.com/Exchange/techinfo/administration/55/backupre...
sp.
Alternatives are:
1) use exmerge to export what data to pst files.
2) try moving mailboxes to your new server of a different name as per:
http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq_appxa.htm

Regards,
Intermedia.NET (AI)
Microsoft Certified Solutions Provider
Providing expertise in hosting applications
MS Exchange Hosting: http://www.intermedia.net/exchangehosting
Windows 2000 Web Hosting:  http://www.intermedia.net/webhosting
For a waiver of the set up fee use "IMFREE" code

Quote:> hi all,
> can anyone help me how can i set up my exchange online
> back and how to recover it in case of disaster

> Regards

> Adil

1. Problem backing up Exchange 5.5 online with NTBackup

Hi All

Current setup:
IBM x200 (PIII 1.26GHz, 1GB RAM, 18GB SCSI HDD)
Windows NT Server v4 (SP6a)
Exchange Server 5.5 SP3

Problem:
If I back up DS and IS using NTBackup interactively, I have no
problems. However, if I back up from command line or batch file using

"ntbackup backup ds \\myserver is \\myserver" (without quotes)

then when I start the NT backup program and look at the contents of
the tape, there is a red question mark over the icons for both DS and
IS. These question marks do not go away if I catalog the tape.

In the event log there are 4 entries for DS and same 4 repeated for
IS:

Type          Source       Event
====          ======       =====
Information   NTBackup     8000
Information   ESE97        102
Information   ESE97        104
Information   NTBackup     8001
<repeat these 4 entries>

This looks normal to me. These entries, and only these entries, appear
regardless of whether backup is performed interactively, from command
line, or batch file.

I suspected a permissions problem, so I tried using "Scheduled tasks"
to run batch file as an Administrator, and as Exchange service
account, with no success. I read that NTBackp doesn't like UNC paths,
so I tried

"ntbackup backup ds myserver is myserver" (without quotes)

but that didn't solve the problem either. I have spent hours searching
newsgroup, MSKB etc... and can find no mention of this problem, let
alone a solution. Any suggestions would be gratefully appreciated.

TIA
Phil

2. Can't send or receive messages

3. Error Backing Up Exchange 5.5 Online

4. Health Monitor - WBEM_E_CRITICAL_ERROR

5. Exhange Online back-up

6. Base article 241707

7. ANN: Microsoft Online Chat - Securing Exchange 2000 - Online Chat - Securing Exchange 2000.ics [0/1]

8. Exchange Duplicated emai message. Please Help.

9. OWA in ISA back to back

10. OWA in back to back ISA configuration

11. Problems scheduling back to back meetings

12. OWA in ISA back to back