deleting one message from the mail box

Post by yousef al-ta » Wed, 15 Sep 1999 04:00:00

i have exchange server 5.5 . some times  a user connecting to my mailserver
through dialup got big messages and it takes too much time to download it .
so is there any way to delete a message for that user from the exchange
server without downloading the messages .
i mean deleting one message only .
please if there is any way let me know

deleting one message from the mail box

Post by Chris Schar » Wed, 15 Sep 1999 04:00:00

Quote:>i have exchange server 5.5 . some times  a user connecting to my mailserver
>through dialup got big messages and it takes too much time to download it .
>so is there any way to delete a message for that user from the exchange
>server without downloading the messages .
>i mean deleting one message only .
>please if there is any way let me know

Set delivery to the server. Connect online. Delete message. Or create
a rule to move messages larger than n to a folder which is not
synchronized so that it's not in a folder which would be synchronized,
but can still be accessed in online mode.

--
Chris Scharff       ! The real winners in life are the
MVP Exchange        ! people who look at every situation

ROT13 required for SMTP Address

deleting one message from the mail box

Post by Khaled el Bagour » Wed, 15 Sep 1999 04:00:00

Try to log on as the user using OutLook9x and delete the msg., or set the
permission of "mailbox owner" to yourself for that user mailbox and do the
same ... but i don't think that there is a way to delete a msg. from the
Exchange admin .. GoodLuK

>i have exchange server 5.5 . some times  a user connecting to my mailserver
>through dialup got big messages and it takes too much time to download it .
>so is there any way to delete a message for that user from the exchange
>server without downloading the messages .
>i mean deleting one message only .
>please if there is any way let me know

deleting one message from the mail box

Post by Amiri Jon » Thu, 16 Sep 1999 04:00:00

Quote:>but i don't think that there is a way to delete a msg.
>from the Exchange admin .. GoodLuK

        You're correct.  There is no way to manipulate mailbox content from
within Exchange Administrator.