Exchange 5.5 sp2 primary NT account problem

Exchange 5.5 sp2 primary NT account problem

Post by Len » Tue, 27 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Can someone tell me why the administrator account is listed as the primary
windows NT account for most of our users mailboxes. I continue to try and
change it to their correct user name, apply it, and it doesn't change. I've
re-applied the service pack (2) and still no help. Now, all users that have
the administrator account listed as their primary NT account, are unable to
send any type of mail! I'm in pretty deep so any help would be GREATLY
appreciated.

BTW - Server:NT4 w/sp5, Exchange 5.5 w/sp2

Len

Exchange 5.5 sp2 primary NT account problem

Post by Kirill S. Palagi » Tue, 27 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Lets confirm you double-click mailbox in Recipients container and change
Primary NT account from there?
Then you immideatly try to access mailbox with correct account and access
denied?
What if you do this in 2.5 hours?
Does the Primary NT account reverts back to admin?
If yes - when? At specific time or after specific interval?
Go to ExchAdmin/Servers comtainer/ServerName props/Diag loggin tab/MSExchangeDS
Infromation category and set it to MAX.
Then try to change Primary NT account.
Anything interesting in App Event log?

--
Questions will not be answered via e-mail.

1. Creating E-mail account without primary NT account on Exchange Server 5.5

In my company we want to migrate our old E-mail server (NT 3.51 with
SL-Mail) to a new E-mail Server (NT 4.0 with Exchange Server 5.5).
My conclusion is that every E-mail Account on the Exchange Server 5.5 needs
a Primary NT Account. Is this conclusion right ?
This is not the situation we want. We would like to make E-mail Accounts on
the Exchange Server without a Primary NT account attached, because the users
in our company use different kind of E-mail client software and are in
different Domains. Is it possible to create an E-mail account without a
Primary NT account attached to it ? With SL-mail this is possible.

Many thanks for your reply,

Dennis

2. Renaming "Administrator"

3. Updating from NT SP3 to NT SP4 or 5 including the Y2K updates on Exchange 5.5 SP 2

4. Exchange 5.5/Exchange 2000 Primary NT Account change

5. Exchange w/PDC

6. NT user is not the primary Window NT account on this mailbox

7. How do I connect Exchange to the internet with SMTP batch

8. NT Server Event 1016 -Not Primary Windows NT Account

9. Event 1016 - NT user logged into mailbox but is not the primary NT account

10. Group accounts as Primary Windows NT account

11. Exchange 5.5 w/sp2 Primary Windows NT Account Problem!

12. Retrieve primary NT account from Exchange