2 NICs on XP Pro Client with Exchange 2000 server

2 NICs on XP Pro Client with Exchange 2000 server

Post by Steve Eclips » Thu, 20 Feb 2003 02:44:57

I have upgraded two of our 98se clients to XP Pro. One for the Exchange 2000
Server the second for our DLS internet connection. If only the Server NIC is
pluged in Outlook 2000 finds the server and gets the mail. But if both NIC's
are connected and Outlook is started it will not find the server. It seems
that Outlook is looking for the server on the internet? I get an error
message that the Exchange server cannot be found. Can I set the priority of
the network cards somehow?

STEVE

Post by MV » Thu, 20 Feb 2003 05:11:11

>I have upgraded two of our 98se clients to XP Pro. One for the Exchange 2000
>Server the second for our DLS internet connection. If only the Server NIC is
>pluged in Outlook 2000 finds the server and gets the mail. But if both NIC's
>are connected and Outlook is started it will not find the server. It seems
>that Outlook is looking for the server on the internet? I get an error
>message that the Exchange server cannot be found. Can I set the priority of
>the network cards somehow?

>STEVE

Has the internal NIC got a default gateway? It shouldn't have.
Also the client needs to look at an internal DNS in preference to an
external one. How is it set up.
Finally, you'll get a more effective answer if you get the answers to
the above questions and post them and the original question to a
WIndows XP newsgroup rather than this one.

Hope you get sorted quickly.

http://www.swinc.com/resource/e2kfaq_appxc.htm

1. Can't connect XP Pro client to Exchange 2000

I am trying to connect Outlook 2000 on a Windows XP Professional box to
Exchange 2000.  I have to use the IP address of the Exchange Server to
"Check Name".  If I use the name of the server it times out.  With the IP it
finds the user and changes the server to the server name.  If I try to do
anything else after that it acts as if it is not connected.  I am doing this
remotely, over the Internet.  Other users are successful.  I don't know if
anyone else is running XP.  Any thoughts?

--

Brad Oby

2. Please Help: Import Distribution List

3. MS Outlook Forms: How determine max value for field in datasource. Exchange 98

4. Managing Exchange 2000 server from XP Pro

5. CDO CopyTo method fails

6. Outlook 2000 in XP Pro connect to Exchange 2K timeout

7. IMS Routing sample DLL question

8. Win XP Pro & Exchange 2000

9. Exchange 2000 on XP Pro OS

10. Administration of Exchange 2000 with XP Pro

11. Exchange 2000 System Manager on XP Pro

12. Problem installing Exchange 2000 manager on windows XP Pro