Exchange 2003 Fronend and Backend Server Question

Exchange 2003 Fronend and Backend Server Question

Post by KA Kue » Tue, 11 Nov 2003 19:18:14

Dear all,

If I install an Exchange 2003 Fronend server using "Typical" installation
option and what happen to the new backend server that
was installed with "Typical" installation option.  Meaning now I have two
SMTP, HTTP and two of every process.   Does Exchange 2003
automatically shutdown one set of these?   What about the SMTP connectors
(SMTP Virtual
Server),  Is this active one now reside on the backend server now or
frontend server?  Thanks.

Regards,
Kueh.