Outlook can't resolve names in Global Catalog/Exchange 2000 Address lists after new install

Outlook can't resolve names in Global Catalog/Exchange 2000 Address lists after new install

Post by Niall Port » Fri, 13 Sep 2002 03:16:10

Hi,

Old chestnut this, but couldn't find a satisfactory answer.

My situation - Installed Win2000 and SP3 on a new server.  Created a
domain of which the new machine is PDC, with Active Directory, DNS,
DHCP, IIS SMTP NNTP and web server, Terminal Services remote admin
mode.  Exchange2000 SP3 just installed.  Installed a few security
hotfixes as well, but I'm pretty sure they're not what's upsetting my
system

So why can't an Outlook2000 client resolve the name of a mailbox?  Why
is there no "Servers" container in "Administrative Groups"?  Has my
install just not worked right?

I hope someone can help me, as my boss is beginning to think my big
Windows2000 roll-out was a bad idea!

TIA,
Niall

1. Global Address List Display -Last Name VS First name or First name Last name

I work for a company that has 2000 mail users. We are about to upgrade from
MsMail to Exchange 5.5. I would like some input on which way to setup the
Display name for the Global Address List:

Last name, First name(Doe, John)
or
First name Last name(John Doe)

Thanks for your help

2. Exchange & Dr. Watson

3. Can't get Japanese Outlook 2000 to resolve name to recent E2K Upgrade

4. Moving Exchange Server 5.0

5. How to set Exchange for sending Fax ?

6. Can't get some users to resolve user ID through check name in Outlook 2000

7. post from email client?

8. Hiding Domain name site name and recipient lists names in the Outlook address book list