I changed Exchanges IP and subnet..

Post by Jason Perro » Sat, 03 Aug 2002 00:16:36

Now email doesn't come in.. what happend?

Thanks
Jason Perron

I changed Exchanges IP and subnet..

Post by Mark Fugat » Sat, 03 Aug 2002 00:26:27

Have you modified your MX record to reflect the change.

--
Mark Fugatt
Pentech Office Solutions Inc

Quote:> Now email doesn't come in.. what happend?

> Thanks
> Jason Perron

I changed Exchanges IP and subnet..

Post by Susa » Sat, 03 Aug 2002 00:27:42

do you mean Internet mail?  did you change your MX record to reflect the
change of IP address?

Quote:> Now email doesn't come in.. what happend?

> Thanks
> Jason Perron

I changed Exchanges IP and subnet..

Post by Jason Perro » Sat, 03 Aug 2002 00:32:58

Sorry.. changed internal IP.. mail gets delivered to the NAT of the firewall
which redirects it to the internal mail server whose ip iv'e change..   the
server can get on the internet .. all the network settings are fine as far
as i can see.  Everyone can send mail too.

Post by John Eddy [MS » Sat, 03 Aug 2002 00:34:42

Quote:> Now email doesn't come in.. what happend?

> Thanks
> Jason Perron

In addition to Mark's question regarding the MX records (that would be
my primary suggestion as well,) verify that your SMTP Virtual Server is
either set to All Unassigned for the IP address (recommended) or for the
specific external IP address.

John Eddy
Exchange Communities PM
--
Note: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers
no rights.

I changed Exchanges IP and subnet..

Post by Jason Perro » Sat, 03 Aug 2002 00:39:11

I think that was it.. i had to change the IP the SMTP virtual server was on
also.. we'll see here in a second

Thanks
Jason Perron

> > Now email doesn't come in.. what happend?

> > Thanks
> > Jason Perron

> In addition to Mark's question regarding the MX records (that would be
> my primary suggestion as well,) verify that your SMTP Virtual Server is
> either set to All Unassigned for the IP address (recommended) or for the
> specific external IP address.

> John Eddy
> Exchange Communities PM
> --
> Note: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers
> no rights.

I changed Exchanges IP and subnet..

Post by Jason Perro » Sat, 03 Aug 2002 00:40:45

That solved it.. thanks..  I didn't relize what a good tool these news
groups were..

Much appreciated
Jason Perron