Log files, what can I do?

Post by Stephe » Wed, 12 Nov 2003 00:36:10

I want to do one of the following:
1. Change the frequency of log files... I don't need so many. Can I?
2. Remove them after only 1 or 2 days... not several days. Can I?

I guess if there is nothing I can do about keeping the log files low, I will enable Circular Logging... Is this the best solution for keeping disk space free on my Log partition.

Thanks
stephen

Log files, what can I do?

Post by Susa » Wed, 12 Nov 2003 00:57:31

if you mean transaction log files, no you cannot change the frequency...the
way to remove transaction log files is by doing nightly backups...the
committed log  files will be purged...do no enable circular logging if you
care about ever being able to perform and "up to the moment of failure"
restore, in a disaster recovery situation...

Quote:> I want to do one of the following:
> 1. Change the frequency of log files... I don't need so many. Can I?
> 2. Remove them after only 1 or 2 days... not several days. Can I?

> I guess if there is nothing I can do about keeping the log files low, I

will enable Circular Logging... Is this the best solution for keeping disk
space free on my Log partition.
Quote: