exch 5.0 SBS and srvpk 2

Post by bmill » Wed, 12 May 1999 04:00:00

I have a general question about exchange 5.0 running on SBS
I installed service pack 2 for exchange 5.0 and today at work we had one
site that could get through to our mail server [ we have a dedicated ip ]
the connection is maintained with a ciso 760 router. I was accused of having
made a mess of it but we could recieve mail from all other people.I used
tracert to the mail server from the complainents and it kept timing out at a
certain router [not ours] .The only thing that showed up in the event viewer
was a warning stating event ID: 3010 connection refused and event ID: 3011.
Is this a problem with service pack 2 for exchange 5.0 or is the problem
with the other person's mail server?
Any help would be appreciated and also if you could recommend any good books
Thanks

exch 5.0 SBS and srvpk 2

Post by Stuart Fo » Thu, 13 May 1999 04:00:00

Sounds like a problem with their connection.  If you can't tracert to their
router, the likelihood is that there's a configuration problem at their end.
Try telnetting to port 25 of their mail server to see if you can get
through - if you can look elsewhere, if you can't it's their problem

Stu

Quote:> I have a general question about exchange 5.0 running on SBS
> I installed service pack 2 for exchange 5.0 and today at work we had one
> site that could get through to our mail server [ we have a dedicated ip ]
> the connection is maintained with a ciso 760 router. I was accused of
having
> made a mess of it but we could recieve mail from all other people.I used
> tracert to the mail server from the complainents and it kept timing out at
> certain router [not ours] .The only thing that showed up in the event
viewer
> was a warning stating event ID: 3010 connection refused and event ID:
3011.
> Is this a problem with service pack 2 for exchange 5.0 or is the problem
> with the other person's mail server?
> Any help would be appreciated and also if you could recommend any good
books
> Thanks

exch 5.0 SBS and srvpk 2

Post by Brent Mill » Thu, 13 May 1999 04:00:00

Thanks Stuart  I tried to telnet to the server and that didnt work either
then today got a message from them saying that their server had been down
Brent

> Sounds like a problem with their connection.  If you can't tracert to
their
> router, the likelihood is that there's a configuration problem at their
end.
> Try telnetting to port 25 of their mail server to see if you can get
> through - if you can look elsewhere, if you can't it's their problem

> Stu

> > I have a general question about exchange 5.0 running on SBS
> > I installed service pack 2 for exchange 5.0 and today at work we had one
> > site that could get through to our mail server [ we have a dedicated
ip ]
> > the connection is maintained with a ciso 760 router. I was accused of
> having
> > made a mess of it but we could recieve mail from all other people.I used
> > tracert to the mail server from the complainents and it kept timing out
at
> > certain router [not ours] .The only thing that showed up in the event
> viewer
> > was a warning stating event ID: 3010 connection refused and event ID:
> 3011.
> > Is this a problem with service pack 2 for exchange 5.0 or is the problem
> > with the other person's mail server?
> > Any help would be appreciated and also if you could recommend any good
> books
> > Thanks

1. Exch. 5.5 SBS to Exch.2K SBS

I have an existing domain with NT 4.0 SBS & Exch running.
I want to bring a new server in (Win2K SBS)to replace the
old server.  I cannot have 2 SBS on the same network.  How
can I migrate the Exch from 5.5 to the new Exch2K?  It
will be a different server name and domain I would
imagine???  Thanks in advance for any help.

Joe

2. Adding email addresses using outlook 97/97/2000

3. SBS, Exch 5.0, IMS, 000C05A6

4. "Direct read" problem during backup

5. Move Exchange 5.0 (not SBS) info over to SBS 2000

6. Are We Being Used As A Relay?

7. Getting & Using information from forms

8. Migration of Exch data from SBS to Exch 5.5 on NT4

9. Exporting Exch 5.5 csv to Exch 5.0

10. Migration from Exch: 5.0 to Exch: 2000 - Urgent

11. Y2K Exch 4.0 w/SP 4 for Exch 5.0

12. Performance of EXCH 4.0 v EXCH 5.0