Reinstall NT4SP3 after Exchange Server 5.5 SP1 ???

Reinstall NT4SP3 after Exchange Server 5.5 SP1 ???

Post by Bill Cohaga » Sat, 26 Sep 1998 04:00:00

Is reinstalling NT4SP3 necessary after installing the Exchange Server SP1?
Installing EXServer 5.5 SP1 appears to have broken our Webmail and (as a
shot in the dark) we're about to reinstall NT4SP3. I'd rather avoid just
making things worse however.

Thanks in advance,
 Bill

Reinstall NT4SP3 after Exchange Server 5.5 SP1 ???

Post by Richard Foxworth » Sat, 26 Sep 1998 04:00:00

Hi Bill,

Did this fix work for you?

We've had our outbound internet email die on us post installing SP1 for
Exchange 5.5 and nothing seems to revive it.

Every outbound mail gets bounced with a 'recipient problem' error.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Richard Foxworthy

>Is reinstalling NT4SP3 necessary after installing the Exchange Server SP1?
>Installing EXServer 5.5 SP1 appears to have broken our Webmail and (as a
>shot in the dark) we're about to reinstall NT4SP3. I'd rather avoid just
>making things worse however.

>Thanks in advance,
> Bill

Reinstall NT4SP3 after Exchange Server 5.5 SP1 ???

Post by Richard Foxworth » Sat, 26 Sep 1998 04:00:00

Hi Bill,

Did this fix work for you?

Our outbound email died after installing SP1 for Exchange 5.5 Still haven't
got it up and running again. It comes back with an NDR 'recipient error'
every time I send an outbound mail.

I'm stumped.

>Is reinstalling NT4SP3 necessary after installing the Exchange Server SP1?
>Installing EXServer 5.5 SP1 appears to have broken our Webmail and (as a
>shot in the dark) we're about to reinstall NT4SP3. I'd rather avoid just
>making things worse however.

>Thanks in advance,
> Bill

Reinstall NT4SP3 after Exchange Server 5.5 SP1 ???

Post by Bill Cohaga » Sat, 26 Sep 1998 04:00:00

Richard-
  Sadly, no, reinstalling NT4SP3 didn't solve our Webmail problem.  I don't
think it broke anything though which I suppose is a victory of sorts...
:-(

Bill