Chirstmas Problem with EXCHANGE.

Post by Ing. Julio C. Salas Garci » Fri, 17 Dec 1999 04:00:00

Every chistmas or New Year avery body sends grettings cards, so i im
looking a way to stop it, they (users) use the Global Address List and
send it to all the company... can I hide it  o how do you think I can
Stop Then to do that (you know 200k gretting Card to 1000 users that  is
a problem)

Please answer me...

Thanks

Ing. Julio C. Salas Garcia
Soporte Tecnico | Technical Support

Corporacion en Investigacion Tecnologica e Informatica, SA CV
Sendero Sur #285-A, Col. Contry
64860 Monterrey, Nuevo Leon
Tel. (8) 357 2267 ext. 32

www: http://www.citi.com.mx

Post by Sean Blae » Fri, 17 Dec 1999 04:00:00

> Every chistmas or New Year avery body sends grettings cards, so i im
> looking a way to stop it, they (users) use the Global Address List and
> send it to all the company... can I hide it  o how do you think I can
> Stop Then to do that (you know 200k gretting Card to 1000 users that  is
> a problem)

> Please answer me...

> Thanks

> --
> Ing. Julio C. Salas Garcia
> Soporte Tecnico | Technical Support

> Corporacion en Investigacion Tecnologica e Informatica, SA CV
> Sendero Sur #285-A, Col. Contry
> 64860 Monterrey, Nuevo Leon
> Tel. (8) 357 2267 ext. 32

> www: http://www.citi.com.mx

Send out a note stating that anybody who sends multiple large attachments
will be flogged mercilessly in the parking lot with a mousepad.  The
entire act will be videotaped, and the tape will be duplicated and
distributed at the xmas party.

Chirstmas Problem with EXCHANGE.

Post by Wesley Peace [MVP » Fri, 17 Dec 1999 04:00:00

Exchange has a feature which allows you to limit the number of users that can be sent on a single mail message. You won't really be able to prevent them from sending, but you can make it as difficult as possible.

Send out a warning, letting people know the sending of Christmas cards is not condoned and a limit will be placed on the number of people that will be permitted on a message during this time of year. Once you've done that, reduce that number down to some ridiculous number like 3 or 5.

--
___________________________
Wesley H. Peace III

Microsoft Exchange/BackOffice MVP

Exchange FAQ at   http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm
              http://www.exchangefaq.org

Please do NOT reply to me directly.

> Every chistmas or New Year avery body sends grettings cards, so i im
> looking a way to stop it, they (users) use the Global Address List and
> send it to all the company... can I hide it  o how do you think I can
> Stop Then to do that (you know 200k gretting Card to 1000 users that  is
> a problem)

> Please answer me...

> Thanks

> --
> Ing. Julio C. Salas Garcia
> Soporte Tecnico | Technical Support

> Corporacion en Investigacion Tecnologica e Informatica, SA CV
> Sendero Sur #285-A, Col. Contry
> 64860 Monterrey, Nuevo Leon
> Tel. (8) 357 2267 ext. 32

> www: http://www.citi.com.mx

Chirstmas Problem with EXCHANGE.

Post by Kevin Hayne » Fri, 17 Dec 1999 04:00:00

You could block the domains that the Xmas cards are being created.  This
would solve the problem.  You could do this through Exchange, or if you go
through a firewall stop it at that point.

Kevin

> Every chistmas or New Year avery body sends grettings cards, so i im
> looking a way to stop it, they (users) use the Global Address List and
> send it to all the company... can I hide it  o how do you think I can
> Stop Then to do that (you know 200k gretting Card to 1000 users that  is
> a problem)

> Please answer me...

> Thanks

> --
> Ing. Julio C. Salas Garcia
> Soporte Tecnico | Technical Support

> Corporacion en Investigacion Tecnologica e Informatica, SA CV
> Sendero Sur #285-A, Col. Contry
> 64860 Monterrey, Nuevo Leon
> Tel. (8) 357 2267 ext. 32

> www: http://www.citi.com.mx

Chirstmas Problem with EXCHANGE.

Post by Colin Campbel » Sat, 18 Dec 1999 04:00:00

Quote:

> Every chistmas or New Year avery body sends grettings cards, so i im
> looking a way to stop it, they (users) use the Global Address List and
> send it to all the company... can I hide it  o how do you think I can
> Stop Then to do that (you know 200k gretting Card to 1000 users that  is
> a problem)

This is a management issue (unless you are allowed to shoot users).

Chirstmas Problem with EXCHANGE.

Post by Johan van Di » Sat, 18 Dec 1999 04:00:00

Quote:>> Every chistmas or New Year avery body sends grettings cards, so i im
>> looking a way to stop it, they (users) use the Global Address List and
>> send it to all the company... can I hide it  o how do you think I can
>> Stop Then to do that (you know 200k gretting Card to 1000 users that  is
>> a problem)

>This is a management issue (unless you are allowed to shoot users).

Hmm...it just takes 200K and 1000 pointers to it...why bother...?

Post by Amiri Jone » Wed, 22 Dec 1999 04:00:00

> >> Every chistmas or New Year avery body sends grettings cards, so i im
> >> looking a way to stop it, they (users) use the Global Address List and
> >> send it to all the company... can I hide it  o how do you think I can
> >> Stop Then to do that (you know 200k gretting Card to 1000 users that
is
> >> a problem)

> >This is a management issue (unless you are allowed to shoot users).

> Hmm...it just takes 200K and 1000 pointers to it...why bother...?

    Not if each recipient's card is customized (say, with the recipient's
name).  In that scenario, you have 200 MB of electronic Christmas cards on
your mail server...

1. Exchange 2000 server move problems: suspect active directory as root problem

Got a wierd problem to solve, and suspect that AD is the key.

We're moving our Exchange 2000 server out to the site where we host our
apps.

But when I got it on the rack and fired up, Exchange woudn't start: got
errors on
both System Attendant and Information Store of "%%0".  The remainder of the
services wouldn't start due to dependencies. Addtionally, the "M" drive,
"Exchange"
disappeared completely, even though it's a local drive.

After tearing out hair for a while, took it off the rack at hosted site,
hauled it back
to the office, plugged it in, and VOILA!, everything works fine.

Additional data: we do not, as yet, have a VPN link between the sites.  We
DO
have a domain controller over there.  I built it a week ago on the office
network,
boxed it back up, and put it on the rack at the hosted site on Wednesday...

No, I didn't create a new site in Active Directory.  My bad.

Any idea of what I'm doing wrong, and how to fiz it ???

2. 12007 Error in OWA

3. Big Problem -- Exchange 2K Relay Problem ********

4. Problem Internet Mail with Cluster

5. Exchange 2000 POP3 problem using TOP command and one other problem

6. Securing Exchange

7. problems loading SMTP in exchange admin (add-ins directory problem)

8. Existing NT 4.0 domain, want to add Exchange 2K server

9. VERY strange problem/set of problems on virgin Exchange 5.5 server

10. Q: Problem installing SP for Exchange because of problems with mapi32.dll

11. Exchange 2000 uninstall problem/connectivity problem

12. Exchange 5.5 Install Problem (user32.dll problem)