Unable to Write Shadow Header to EDB.CHK

Unable to Write Shadow Header to EDB.CHK

Post by Stuart Ros » Sat, 17 Apr 1999 04:00:00

Has anyone ever seen this message and know what it means (no, the drive is
not full)?

Event ID: 158
Source: ESE97
Category: Logging/Recovery

MSExchangeIS ((617) ) Unable to write a shadowed header for file
C:\exchsrvr\MDBDATA\edb.chk.

An ESEUTIL /MK EDB.CHK shows nothing unusual.

Thanks In Advance,
Stuart Rose

Unable to Write Shadow Header to EDB.CHK

Post by craig bonvechi » Sat, 17 Apr 1999 04:00:00

I have the same message, I checked Technet and article Q184578 has the exact
error we are looking at, unfortunately it is for Exchange 4.0.  I think this
has something to do with the Exchange Online Defragmenter, this is only a
guess.  On my server it popped up one day and was gone the next.

>Has anyone ever seen this message and know what it means (no, the drive is
>not full)?

>Event ID: 158
>Source: ESE97
>Category: Logging/Recovery

>MSExchangeIS ((617) ) Unable to write a shadowed header for file
>C:\exchsrvr\MDBDATA\edb.chk.

>An ESEUTIL /MK EDB.CHK shows nothing unusual.

>Thanks In Advance,
>Stuart Rose

Unable to Write Shadow Header to EDB.CHK

Post by Stuart Ros » Sun, 18 Apr 1999 04:00:00

Our Exchange backup program (ARCserve 6.5) hung while backing up the IS,
prompting for a new tape. This resulted in an abnormal accumulation of
transaction logfiles. Originally I did not know what the problem was, and
stopped and restarted all services to clear. It was during this time that
the event log messages appeared.

I did search the MSKB, but was not able to find ANY references to the
message, so your pointer is most welcome.

For information sake, we are running MSE 5.5 SP2 on NT 4.0 SP3.

Ideally it would be appreciated if ARCserve can either alert or e-mail if it
needs a tape change. Right now it just pops up a dialog, which can go
un-noticed. We were just "fortunate" that it was backing up the IS when it
ran out tape. Sigh.

Take Care,
Stuart

> I have the same message, I checked Technet and article Q184578 has the
exact
> error we are looking at, unfortunately it is for Exchange 4.0.  I think
this
> has something to do with the Exchange Online Defragmenter, this is only a
> guess.  On my server it popped up one day and was gone the next.

> >Has anyone ever seen this message and know what it means (no, the drive
is
> >not full)?

> >Event ID: 158
> >Source: ESE97
> >Category: Logging/Recovery

> >MSExchangeIS ((617) ) Unable to write a shadowed header for file
> >C:\exchsrvr\MDBDATA\edb.chk.

> >An ESEUTIL /MK EDB.CHK shows nothing unusual.

> >Thanks In Advance,
> >Stuart Rose

1. Unable to write a shadowed header

Hi,

Sometimes we get the following error on the server:

"MSExchangeIS((359)) Unable to write a shadowed header for file
c:\exchsrvr\mdbdata\edb.chk"

Anyone has any idea?

NT 4.0 SP3, Exchange 5.0 SP2.

Thanks,
Vincent Bouwer

2. Cyrillic characters in "form:" field

3. priv.edb - edb.chk question

4. Licensing Exchange for Web Only Access????

5. Problème de EDB.CHK

6. Exchange Domain !!!

7. Missing edb.chk file

8. Japanese Outlook media or download

9. BU Recovery- Offline BU, use of edb.chk

10. EDB.CHK and file recovery

11. Errors with edb.chk

12. Help - edb.chk problem