Company Calendar

Post by John Majo » Sat, 24 Aug 2002 22:44:56

Hi,

We have several users here who are editors of the company calendar public
folder, who are allowed to add new entries to it.

If they add an entry to the company calendar it also appears in their own
calendar, even though they dont want it to be there.

Is it possible to prevent the company calendar from also creating new
entries in the calendar of the editor that created them ?

Thanks

Olly
ADSSupport.net
http://www.adssupport.net
Dedicated free Active Directory ServicesT support

Company Calendar

Post by David Sengupta [MVP » Sun, 25 Aug 2002 10:41:45

This isn't an out of the box feature of Exchange 2000 .... sounds like you
have a third party calendar installed/configured.  The settings to copy the
appointments to the private calendar are likely hard-coded into the
calendaring application.

--
David Sengupta  M.T.S., B.Sc., MVP, MCSE, MCSE 2000, CCA  Ottawa, Canada
Exchange Diagnostics: Quest Spotlight on Exchange

> Hi,

> We have several users here who are editors of the company calendar public
> folder, who are allowed to add new entries to it.

> If they add an entry to the company calendar it also appears in their own
> calendar, even though they dont want it to be there.

> Is it possible to prevent the company calendar from also creating new
> entries in the calendar of the editor that created them ?

> Thanks

> Olly
> ADSSupport.net
> http://www.adssupport.net
> Dedicated free Active Directory ServicesT support

Company Calendar

Post by John Majo » Thu, 29 Aug 2002 17:50:08

No, its a recently installed vanilla install of exchange 2000, thats the
problem. THis shouldnt be happening and I can see it happening with my very
own eyes.

Odd

> This isn't an out of the box feature of Exchange 2000 .... sounds like you
> have a third party calendar installed/configured.  The settings to copy
the
> appointments to the private calendar are likely hard-coded into the
> calendaring application.

> --
> David Sengupta  M.T.S., B.Sc., MVP, MCSE, MCSE 2000, CCA  Ottawa, Canada
> Exchange Diagnostics: Quest Spotlight on Exchange
> http://www.quest.com/spotlight_exchange
> Exchange Management: http://www.microsoft.com/mom
> Exchange FAQ - http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm

> > Hi,

> > We have several users here who are editors of the company calendar
public
> > folder, who are allowed to add new entries to it.

> > If they add an entry to the company calendar it also appears in their
own
> > calendar, even though they dont want it to be there.

> > Is it possible to prevent the company calendar from also creating new
> > entries in the calendar of the editor that created them ?

> > Thanks

> > Olly
> > ADSSupport.net
> > http://www.adssupport.net
> > Dedicated free Active Directory ServicesT support

Company Calendar

Post by David Sengupta [MVP » Thu, 29 Aug 2002 22:06:49

OK then you'll have to let us know some repro steps.  What steps are the
editors using to add an appointment to the Company Calendar PF?
--
David Sengupta  M.T.S., MVP, MCSE, MCSE 2000, CCA    Ottawa, Canada
Exchange Diagnostics - Quest Spotlight on Exchange -
http://www.quest.com/spotlight_exchange
Exchange Management - Microsoft Operations Manager -
http://www.microsoft.com/mom/
Exchange FAQ - http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm

> No, its a recently installed vanilla install of exchange 2000, thats the
> problem. THis shouldnt be happening and I can see it happening with my
very
> own eyes.

> Odd

> > This isn't an out of the box feature of Exchange 2000 .... sounds like
you
> > have a third party calendar installed/configured.  The settings to copy
> the
> > appointments to the private calendar are likely hard-coded into the
> > calendaring application.

> > --
> > David Sengupta  M.T.S., B.Sc., MVP, MCSE, MCSE 2000, CCA  Ottawa, Canada
> > Exchange Diagnostics: Quest Spotlight on Exchange
> > http://www.quest.com/spotlight_exchange
> > Exchange Management: http://www.microsoft.com/mom
> > Exchange FAQ - http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm

> > > Hi,

> > > We have several users here who are editors of the company calendar
> public
> > > folder, who are allowed to add new entries to it.

> > > If they add an entry to the company calendar it also appears in their
> own
> > > calendar, even though they dont want it to be there.

> > > Is it possible to prevent the company calendar from also creating new
> > > entries in the calendar of the editor that created them ?

> > > Thanks

> > > Olly
> > > ADSSupport.net
> > > http://www.adssupport.net
> > > Dedicated free Active Directory ServicesT support

1. How to synch personal calendar with company calendar

Is there a way to update (synch) a company calendar stored in the Public
folder from a personal calendar?

Using SBS 2K.

We have sales people that want to access a common calendar, but be able to
update this calendar from their personal calendar without having to manually
add to both.

Is the a way to synch the personal calendar with the company calendar?

Thanks much.

Dennis

2. rerouting mail from a specific sender

3. Company Calendar via OWA

4. Dr. Watson: dbasvr.exe

5. Inform certain users of Company Calendar entries

6. How to replicate an Ex2k Site to 5.5

7. Company Calendar/Exch Server/Public folders

8. Outlook98 don′t refresh

9. Public (company) Calendar

10. Public company calendar

11. Inviting the company calendar to meetings

12. Company Calendar/Exch Server/Public folders

13. Public Company calendar