MAD.EXE Error PLease Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Christopher L. Floo » Thu, 21 Mar 2002 03:15:00

I'm Exchange 2000 SP2 on a Windows 2000 SP2 server and I having problems
sending emails to certian domains.  The e-mails get stuck in the SMTP queue
until I recive a NDR message.  My event log keep filling up with this
warning

Event Type: Warning
Event Source: MSExchangeTransport
Event Category: Connection Manager
Event ID: 4000
Date:  3/19/2002
Time:  12:55:20 PM
User:  N/A
Computer: MAIL
Message delivery to the remote domain 'comcast.net' failed for the following
reason: The connection was dropped by the remote host.

Today  I did happen to notice a error and it was this:

Event Type: Error
Event Source: MSExchangeDSAccess
Event Category: Topology
Event ID: 2102
Date:  3/19/2002
Time:  12:49:15 PM
User:  N/A
Computer: MAIL
Process MAD.EXE (PID=1552). All Domain Controller Servers in use are not
responding:
mail.wfyi.org

Can someone please help me with this?

MAD.EXE Error PLease Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Rob » Thu, 21 Mar 2002 07:06:57

The two events are not necessarily related.

The second error indicates that you have only a single DC/GC.  That is just
a warning telling you that it's a good idea to have more than one.

The first error is a disconnect from the comcast server..  Does this happen
to every mail you send to that address, or just some?

Thanks
Rob

Quote:> I'm Exchange 2000 SP2 on a Windows 2000 SP2 server and I having problems
> sending emails to certian domains.  The e-mails get stuck in the SMTP
queue
> until I recive a NDR message.  My event log keep filling up with this
> warning

> Event Type: Warning
> Event Source: MSExchangeTransport
> Event Category: Connection Manager
> Event ID: 4000
> Date:  3/19/2002
> Time:  12:55:20 PM
> User:  N/A
> Computer: MAIL
> Message delivery to the remote domain 'comcast.net' failed for the
following
> reason: The connection was dropped by the remote host.

> Today  I did happen to notice a error and it was this:

> Event Type: Error
> Event Source: MSExchangeDSAccess
> Event Category: Topology
> Event ID: 2102
> Date:  3/19/2002
> Time:  12:49:15 PM
> User:  N/A
> Computer: MAIL
> Process MAD.EXE (PID=1552). All Domain Controller Servers in use are not
> responding:
> mail.wfyi.org

> Can someone please help me with this?

MAD.EXE Error PLease Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Christopher L. Floo » Fri, 22 Mar 2002 05:49:11

Yes it happens to all the mail we send to that address and 2 other
addresses.  Other then that all mail operations are fine.

How do I create another Domain  Controoller?

> The two events are not necessarily related.

> The second error indicates that you have only a single DC/GC.  That is
just
> a warning telling you that it's a good idea to have more than one.

> The first error is a disconnect from the comcast server..  Does this
happen
> to every mail you send to that address, or just some?

> Thanks
> Rob

> > I'm Exchange 2000 SP2 on a Windows 2000 SP2 server and I having problems
> > sending emails to certian domains.  The e-mails get stuck in the SMTP
> queue
> > until I recive a NDR message.  My event log keep filling up with this
> > warning

> > Event Type: Warning
> > Event Source: MSExchangeTransport
> > Event Category: Connection Manager
> > Event ID: 4000
> > Date:  3/19/2002
> > Time:  12:55:20 PM
> > User:  N/A
> > Computer: MAIL
> > Message delivery to the remote domain 'comcast.net' failed for the
> following
> > reason: The connection was dropped by the remote host.

> > Today  I did happen to notice a error and it was this:

> > Event Type: Error
> > Event Source: MSExchangeDSAccess
> > Event Category: Topology
> > Event ID: 2102
> > Date:  3/19/2002
> > Time:  12:49:15 PM
> > User:  N/A
> > Computer: MAIL
> > Process MAD.EXE (PID=1552). All Domain Controller Servers in use are not
> > responding:
> > mail.wfyi.org

> > Can someone please help me with this?

MAD.EXE Error PLease Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Niss » Sun, 07 Apr 2002 00:05:01

Hi

here are other things to check out.

For Event ID: 4000

What NDR number?
Run message tracking to see what is happening!
Extreme:
From the Exchange 2000 Server that is unable to send mail, establish a
TELNET
session on Port 25 to the intended destination Exchange 2000 Server or
other.  Check to
see if the answering service's banner is that of a CISCO PIX Firewall
MailGuard (FIXUP PROTOCOL SMTP 25) service.

Disable the Mail Guard feature on the Cisco PIX firewall if it is true.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q275575

Bye

Nisse

> Yes it happens to all the mail we send to that address and 2 other
> addresses.  Other then that all mail operations are fine.

> How do I create another Domain  Controoller?

> > The two events are not necessarily related.

> > The second error indicates that you have only a single DC/GC.  That is
> just
> > a warning telling you that it's a good idea to have more than one.

> > The first error is a disconnect from the comcast server..  Does this
> happen
> > to every mail you send to that address, or just some?

> > Thanks
> > Rob

> > > I'm Exchange 2000 SP2 on a Windows 2000 SP2 server and I having
problems
> > > sending emails to certian domains.  The e-mails get stuck in the SMTP
> > queue
> > > until I recive a NDR message.  My event log keep filling up with this
> > > warning

> > > Event Type: Warning
> > > Event Source: MSExchangeTransport
> > > Event Category: Connection Manager
> > > Event ID: 4000
> > > Date:  3/19/2002
> > > Time:  12:55:20 PM
> > > User:  N/A
> > > Computer: MAIL
> > > Message delivery to the remote domain 'comcast.net' failed for the
> > following
> > > reason: The connection was dropped by the remote host.

> > > Today  I did happen to notice a error and it was this:

> > > Event Type: Error
> > > Event Source: MSExchangeDSAccess
> > > Event Category: Topology
> > > Event ID: 2102
> > > Date:  3/19/2002
> > > Time:  12:49:15 PM
> > > User:  N/A
> > > Computer: MAIL
> > > Process MAD.EXE (PID=1552). All Domain Controller Servers in use are
not
> > > responding:
> > > mail.wfyi.org

> > > Can someone please help me with this?

MAD.EXE Error PLease Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by microtok » Thu, 25 Apr 2002 23:54:36

comcast.net has major league issues with those servers pointing to the MX
No port 25 connections on those servers...

> Hi

> here are other things to check out.

> For Event ID: 4000

> What NDR number?
> Run message tracking to see what is happening!
> Extreme:
> From the Exchange 2000 Server that is unable to send mail, establish a
> TELNET
> session on Port 25 to the intended destination Exchange 2000 Server or
> other.  Check to
> see if the answering service's banner is that of a CISCO PIX Firewall
> MailGuard (FIXUP PROTOCOL SMTP 25) service.

> Disable the Mail Guard feature on the Cisco PIX firewall if it is true.

> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q275575

> Bye

> Nisse

> > Yes it happens to all the mail we send to that address and 2 other
> > addresses.  Other then that all mail operations are fine.

> > How do I create another Domain  Controoller?

> > > The two events are not necessarily related.

> > > The second error indicates that you have only a single DC/GC.  That is
> > just
> > > a warning telling you that it's a good idea to have more than one.

> > > The first error is a disconnect from the comcast server..  Does this
> > happen
> > > to every mail you send to that address, or just some?

> > > Thanks
> > > Rob

> problems
SMTP
> > > queue

> > > following

> not

MAD.EXE Error PLease Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Christopher L. Floo » Sat, 25 May 2002 04:08:44

Thanks for the help

Quote:> I'm Exchange 2000 SP2 on a Windows 2000 SP2 server and I having problems
> sending emails to certian domains.  The e-mails get stuck in the SMTP
queue
> until I recive a NDR message.  My event log keep filling up with this
> warning

> Event Type: Warning
> Event Source: MSExchangeTransport
> Event Category: Connection Manager
> Event ID: 4000
> Date:  3/19/2002
> Time:  12:55:20 PM
> User:  N/A
> Computer: MAIL
> Message delivery to the remote domain 'comcast.net' failed for the
following
> reason: The connection was dropped by the remote host.

> Today  I did happen to notice a error and it was this:

> Event Type: Error
> Event Source: MSExchangeDSAccess
> Event Category: Topology
> Event ID: 2102
> Date:  3/19/2002
> Time:  12:49:15 PM
> User:  N/A
> Computer: MAIL
> Process MAD.EXE (PID=1552). All Domain Controller Servers in use are not
> responding:
> mail.wfyi.org

> Can someone please help me with this?

MAD.EXE Error PLease Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by K Demot » Sat, 25 May 2002 05:41:07

Is this a Small Business Server Box? Microsoft says ignore the error if it
is.

> Thanks for the help

> > I'm Exchange 2000 SP2 on a Windows 2000 SP2 server and I having problems
> > sending emails to certian domains.  The e-mails get stuck in the SMTP
> queue
> > until I recive a NDR message.  My event log keep filling up with this
> > warning

> > Event Type: Warning
> > Event Source: MSExchangeTransport
> > Event Category: Connection Manager
> > Event ID: 4000
> > Date:  3/19/2002
> > Time:  12:55:20 PM
> > User:  N/A
> > Computer: MAIL
> > Message delivery to the remote domain 'comcast.net' failed for the
> following
> > reason: The connection was dropped by the remote host.

> > Today  I did happen to notice a error and it was this:

> > Event Type: Error
> > Event Source: MSExchangeDSAccess
> > Event Category: Topology
> > Event ID: 2102
> > Date:  3/19/2002
> > Time:  12:49:15 PM
> > User:  N/A
> > Computer: MAIL
> > Process MAD.EXE (PID=1552). All Domain Controller Servers in use are not
> > responding:
> > mail.wfyi.org

> > Can someone please help me with this?

1. MAD.EXE Error PLease Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Date:  3/19/2002
Time:  12:49:15 PM
User:  N/A
Computer: MAIL
Process MAD.EXE (PID=1552). All Domain Controller Servers in use are not
responding:
mail.wfyi.org

Can someone please help me with this?

2. Is there any way to redirect mail without Inbox assistant

3. Can't Send Email w/Exchange2000

4. HELP error: MAD, EVENTS and ADMIN.EXE GPF

5. How to move server

6. help with mad error please

7. Shared Schedule Password

8. BIG PROBLEMS Please Help Please Help Please Help Please Help

9. MAD.EXE Error

10. exchange sp2 mad.exe error in event log