Can you edit an entrie in a Global Address list from a workstation

Can you edit an entrie in a Global Address list from a workstation

Post by junk » Wed, 21 Jun 2000 04:00:00

I was wondering if anyone out there had the answer to this question.  I have
an Exchange server 5.5 (sp3) and Outlook 2000 clients, at the server I have
a couple Global Address lists of customers.  Right now if I need to make a
change to any of the entries in the lists I can only do so at the Server, if
I try to edit at any workstation (or any other workstation) they are all
greyed out (non-editable).  I have full administrators rights and have given
myself full rights to that group.  I can also see, copy and delete from the
Exchange directory.

Is this even possible to do?

Thanks

Can you edit an entrie in a Global Address list from a workstation

Post by <ro.. » Wed, 21 Jun 2000 04:00:00

Hi

There's a utility called GALMOD that may help you.

--
Ronen Gabbay MCSE+I  MCT
Hi-Tech College

Quote:> I was wondering if anyone out there had the answer to this question.  I
have
> an Exchange server 5.5 (sp3) and Outlook 2000 clients, at the server I
have
> a couple Global Address lists of customers.  Right now if I need to make a
> change to any of the entries in the lists I can only do so at the Server,
if
> I try to edit at any workstation (or any other workstation) they are all
> greyed out (non-editable).  I have full administrators rights and have
given
> myself full rights to that group.  I can also see, copy and delete from
the
> Exchange directory.

> Is this even possible to do?

> Thanks

Can you edit an entrie in a Global Address list from a workstation

Post by Kirill S. Palagi » Wed, 21 Jun 2000 04:00:00

If you have NT or W2K on your workstation - instal Exch admin prog (and apply
curretn Exchange SP).

> I was wondering if anyone out there had the answer to this question.  I have
> an Exchange server 5.5 (sp3) and Outlook 2000 clients, at the server I have
> a couple Global Address lists of customers.  Right now if I need to make a
> change to any of the entries in the lists I can only do so at the Server, if
> I try to edit at any workstation (or any other workstation) they are all
> greyed out (non-editable).  I have full administrators rights and have given
> myself full rights to that group.  I can also see, copy and delete from the
> Exchange directory.

> Is this even possible to do?

> Thanks

group).

Kirill

Can you edit an entrie in a Global Address list from a workstation

Post by aris.. » Wed, 21 Jun 2000 04:00:00

Hey i have the same issue, i bought the resource kit and installed it,
also that galmod tool only allows to edit the persons personal not the
whole address book, i will follow this thread please if anyone out
there know a resolution it is appreciated and i have the exact setup
ad this guy.

>I was wondering if anyone out there had the answer to this question.  I have
>an Exchange server 5.5 (sp3) and Outlook 2000 clients, at the server I have
>a couple Global Address lists of customers.  Right now if I need to make a
>change to any of the entries in the lists I can only do so at the Server, if
>I try to edit at any workstation (or any other workstation) they are all
>greyed out (non-editable).  I have full administrators rights and have given
>myself full rights to that group.  I can also see, copy and delete from the
>Exchange directory.

>Is this even possible to do?

>Thanks

Can you edit an entrie in a Global Address list from a workstation

Post by junk » Wed, 21 Jun 2000 04:00:00

Well I'm glad to see that it's not just me, I can't believe Microsoft would
not allow you to make changes anywhere but the Server.  I'll try the
Resource kit, who knows but unfortunatly I'm running all Windows 98
workstations.  So I'm not sure this is going to work for me.

Thanks for feedback though

> Hey i have the same issue, i bought the resource kit and installed it,
> also that galmod tool only allows to edit the persons personal not the
> whole address book, i will follow this thread please if anyone out
> there know a resolution it is appreciated and i have the exact setup
> ad this guy.

> >I was wondering if anyone out there had the answer to this question.  I
have
> >an Exchange server 5.5 (sp3) and Outlook 2000 clients, at the server I
have
> >a couple Global Address lists of customers.  Right now if I need to make
> >change to any of the entries in the lists I can only do so at the Server,
if
> >I try to edit at any workstation (or any other workstation) they are all
> >greyed out (non-editable).  I have full administrators rights and have
given
> >myself full rights to that group.  I can also see, copy and delete from
the
> >Exchange directory.

> >Is this even possible to do?

> >Thanks

1. Can you edit a Global Address List from a workstation

I was wondering if anyone out there had the answer to this question.  I have
an Exchange server 5.5 (sp3) and Outlook 2000 clients, at the server I have
a couple Global Address lists of customers.  Right now if I need to make a
change to any of the entries in the lists I can only do so at the Server, if
I try to edit at any workstation (or any other workstation) they are all
greyed out (non-editable).  I have full administrators rights and have given
myself full rights to that group.  I can also see, copy and delete from the
Exchange directory.

Is this even possible to do?

Thanks

2. Anti-Spam Filters

3. Can You edit a global address list from a Workstation

4. performance issue in relation to size of mailbox

5. Can you edit a global Address list from a workstation

6. E2K and Veritas Backup Exec

7. Outlook Security Setting not taking

8. Editing the Global address list from the client

9. user edit own information in global address list

10. Editing Global Address List

11. Editing global address list

12. Editing Global Address List Properties