Exchang Connection Limit -- Help

Post by Hong Zen » Fri, 17 Dec 1999 04:00:00

Hello,

I recently keep getting the error message mentioning the exchange server
connention limit reached when I tried to connect to my exchange server
through Internet using outlook express. Is there any setting of IMS related
to the issue or something else. Thanks a lot in advance!

An unknown error has occurred. Account: 'TXbase', Server: 'mail.txbase.com',
Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '421 txnts8.txbase.com connection limit
reached', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 421, Error Number:
0x800CCC67

Hong Zeng

Exchang Connection Limit -- Help

Post by Ed Crowle » Fri, 17 Dec 1999 04:00:00

Is txnts8.txbase.com your Exchange Server?  What are your IMS settings for
Inbound/Outbound, and number of connections?
--
Ed Crowley MCSE+Internet MVP-Exchange
Senior Consultant

> Hello,

> I recently keep getting the error message mentioning the exchange server
> connention limit reached when I tried to connect to my exchange server
> through Internet using outlook express. Is there any setting of IMS
related
> to the issue or something else. Thanks a lot in advance!

> An unknown error has occurred. Account: 'TXbase', Server:
'mail.txbase.com',
> Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '421 txnts8.txbase.com connection limit
> reached', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 421, Error Number:
> 0x800CCC67

> Hong Zeng

Exchang Connection Limit -- Help

Post by Hong Zen » Sat, 18 Dec 1999 04:00:00

Inbound/Outbound/No. of connections
1/2/20

Does no. of connections affect connection limit?

Thanks a lot for your reply.

Hong Zeng

> Is txnts8.txbase.com your Exchange Server?  What are your IMS settings for
> Inbound/Outbound, and number of connections?
> --
> Ed Crowley MCSE+Internet MVP-Exchange
> Senior Consultant
> NCR Corporation
> Saving the world from PSTs and Bricked Backups!

> > Hello,

> > I recently keep getting the error message mentioning the exchange server
> > connention limit reached when I tried to connect to my exchange server
> > through Internet using outlook express. Is there any setting of IMS
> related
> > to the issue or something else. Thanks a lot in advance!

> > An unknown error has occurred. Account: 'TXbase', Server:
> 'mail.txbase.com',
> > Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '421 txnts8.txbase.com connection limit
> > reached', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 421, Error Number:
> > 0x800CCC67

> > Hong Zeng

1. 421 Connection Limit Reached - HELP!!!

Hi All,

My company has been experiencing the following problem for the past month or
two:

We're running Exchange 5.5 SP4 on Windows NT 4.0 SP6a; open relay is closed.
Every so often, the server's ability to send/receive Internet e-mail slows
to a crawl.  Mail eventually goes through, but it takes much longer than it
should.  Internal mail is unaffected.  Performing a telnet to port 25
produces the "421 <server name> connection limit reached" error.
Additionally, remote users connecting via Outlook Express receive a similar
error message.

Stopped and restarted the IMS, rebooted the server.  No effect.

I tried raising the connection limit in the IMC properties.  No effect.

Microsoft told us to remove the "fixup protocol smtp 25" line from our Cisco
Pix configuration
(http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;320027).  No
effect.

Applied a Hotfix (don't have the number handy), per Microsoft.  No effect.

Upon inspection of the IMC logs early on in the process, I noticed that
there were TONS of incoming connections from various computers in the
Brazilian domain (.br - 200.x.x.x IP range).  MS initially said that it was
nothing, but later told us to have our Cisco guys create access lists in the
Pix denying those IPs.  We blocked the subsets that appeared in the logs
(200.145.x.x., 200.167.x.x, for example), but we're still experiencing the
problem.

The problem is very sporadic and our ISP doesn't notice any unusual activity
while the problem is occurring (indeed, only Exchange is affected), but I'm
thinking that it's some kind of attack since the Brazilian domains only
appear when this problem is occurring.  I'm hesitant to block the entire
200.x.x.x range, but I will if it stops this problem.

Any ideas?

TIA.

-Greg

2. X.400 Connector only sends mail on startup...

3. Please help me ..about connection limit reached

4. How to add a Conference room as a Resource when scheduling meetings?

5. NT 4 Server. Exchange Fax.

6. Help: OWA limits number of connections?

7. Can't install E2K Upgrade as new installation

8. Help needed - win 2000 iis virtual SMTP server routing to exchang 5.5

9. Exchang Help Needed

10. PLEASE HELP - Trying to update user Home address field on Exchang e Server

11. Help Creating New Domain with Exchang 2000

12. Adding User but it is not making exchang mailbox HELP