how to delete mail past a certain date

Post by George Alle » Wed, 09 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Hi

  I'm running exchange server 5.5 sp3 and would like to how to automatically
have the server
delete mail that has reached a certain age, such as say 4 months old, and
also can that be applied
to individual boxes?  (can't apply those * rules to myself)

Thanks in advance

George Allen
Network Analyst
Johns Hopkins University

how to delete mail past a certain date

Post by Ishmae » Wed, 09 Feb 2000 04:00:00

You can use the built-in Clean Mailbox utility in Admin.exe or you can
install the Mailbox Manager that came with SP3.

Quote:> Hi

>   I'm running exchange server 5.5 sp3 and would like to how to
automatically
> have the server
> delete mail that has reached a certain age, such as say 4 months old, and
> also can that be applied
> to individual boxes?  (can't apply those * rules to myself)

> Thanks in advance

> George Allen
> Network Analyst
> Johns Hopkins University

how to delete mail past a certain date

Post by Kirill S. Palagi » Thu, 10 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Impose storage limits on mailboxes and let your users manage their data.

> Hi

>   I'm running exchange server 5.5 sp3 and would like to how to automatically
> have the server
> delete mail that has reached a certain age, such as say 4 months old, and
> also can that be applied
> to individual boxes?  (can't apply those * rules to myself)

> Thanks in advance

> George Allen
> Network Analyst
> Johns Hopkins University

group).

Kirill

1. Emails cannot be seen past certain date

One of our users is using Outlook XP. We are running
Exchange server 2000 SP3. All emails are being recieved,
but cannot see any coming in after March 19th. They are
not bouncing back to users, and there are no event logs
being generated. Any ideas on how to fix this? It is only
affecting one user. I even attached the mailbox through a
different outlook and the same thing. Please help!

2. dialup unable to get mail on 5.0

3. Delete e-mails after a certain date?

4. restore emails

5. Dates in the past

6. !Help! MS Exchange / Outlook.

7. Install fails-Can't get past Deleted Item Container Permissions issue

8. Custom NDR Messages?

9. purging emails older than a certain date.

10. Cannot delete certain e-mail after database repair

11. Time and date on mail messages always contain the time and date from the server

12. limit incoming mail to certain users during certain times

13. Directing incoming mail from a certain email address to a certain mailbox