My priv.edb is anormally big

Post by Rick » Thu, 09 Jan 2003 23:26:04

Hi,

My private EDB is about 14G , but if i add all the
mailboxes sizes together , it goes to 2G .

I ran eseutil /d but it shrinks only to  13,5G

why is it taking so much space  ??

im running 55sp3 on nt4sp5 ,
there are 100 mailboxes, 60 DL and 50 custom
recipients   .
pub.edb is about 10M

much appreciate your help

My priv.edb is anormally big

Post by John Oligari » Fri, 10 Jan 2003 00:20:48

Here is the correct way to determine free space, etc.

us;195914

My priv.edb is anormally big

Post by Lanwench [MVP - Exchange » Fri, 10 Jan 2003 00:12:53

Deleted item retention is on, perhaps?

> Hi,

> My private EDB is about 14G , but if i add all the
> mailboxes sizes together , it goes to 2G .

> I ran eseutil /d but it shrinks only to  13,5G

> why is it taking so much space  ??

> im running 55sp3 on nt4sp5 ,
> there are 100 mailboxes, 60 DL and 50 custom
> recipients   .
> pub.edb is about 10M

> much appreciate your help

My priv.edb is anormally big

Post by Rick » Fri, 10 Jan 2003 00:51:06

i know but my question is why it is so big while the total
of the entire mailboxes are 2G
what is taking spacet also in the priv.edb  ??

My priv.edb is anormally big

Post by Rick » Fri, 10 Jan 2003 01:05:36

maybe, where do i verify this ??
> [...]

My priv.edb is anormally big

Post by Susa » Fri, 10 Jan 2003 01:01:23

what is your DIR configured for...?

> i know but my question is why it is so big while the total
> of the entire mailboxes are 2G
> what is taking spacet also in the priv.edb  ??

My priv.edb is anormally big

Post by Rick » Fri, 10 Jan 2003 01:11:02

it is set to 0 days
any other idreas ??

My priv.edb is anormally big

Post by Rick » Fri, 10 Jan 2003 01:13:42

Sorry Susan but What doyou mean by DIR configured for??

> [...]

My priv.edb is anormally big

Post by Ron » Fri, 10 Jan 2003 03:03:13

Deleted Items Retention

> Sorry Susan but What doyou mean by DIR configured for??

1. Priv.edb too big!!!

Our HDD has maxed out yet again (8Gb) without warning thus
the exchange server "fell over".  Is there anyway of
getting a warning before this situation happens again.

Does anyone know of a way of moving the Private.EDB and
Public.EDB and have exchange point to it other than
performance optimizer, (ours kept crashing on transfering
the file to another drive).

Many thanks in advance for you time on this.

Cheers

2. Event 1034 & 1047

3. Priv.edb too big!

4. How to check open Outbound ports on Cable Network

5. priv.edb 90GB too big!

6. WFD on server works, WFD on client doesn't

7. Priv.edb too big

8. change Exchange 5.5 domain to AD native

9. priv.edb too big

10. PRIV.EDB file too big for Exchange 5.5

11. Need Help With A Big File (Priv.edb)

12. Merge mailboxes from one priv.edb to a different exchange 5.5 server priv.edb

13. Priv.edb is way too big