AutoReply doesn't work over IMC in EXCH5.0

AutoReply doesn't work over IMC in EXCH5.0

Post by Ryan Malayte » Fri, 30 Jan 1998 04:00:00

In our Exchange 5.0 SP1 setup, AutoReply messages (Out of Office, etc.) are
not being sent to Internet e-mail addresses. The IMC works fine otherwise.

I have searched the books online, resource kit, and knowledge base, but all
I can find is that "it is possible to turn of AutoReply messages over
internet mail connector." I have never turned this feature off; I assume it
is off by default. Can anyone tell me where to find this setting? It
doesn't seem to appear anywhere in Exchange Administrator.

If you can help me out with this one, please send a message to

leaves on vacation, so I want to get it set up quickly!

Thank you for your help,
                -Ryan Malayter-

Post by Rich Matheis » Sat, 31 Jan 1998 04:00:00

>In our Exchange 5.0 SP1 setup, AutoReply messages (Out of Office, etc.) are
>not being sent to Internet e-mail addresses. The IMC works fine otherwise.

>I have searched the books online, resource kit, and knowledge base, but all
>I can find is that "it is possible to turn of AutoReply messages over
>internet mail connector." I have never turned this feature off; I assume it
>is off by default. Can anyone tell me where to find this setting? It
>doesn't seem to appear anywhere in Exchange Administrator.

It's on the IMS property page. Click the "Internet Mail" tab and then
the "Interoperability..." button.

1. E 5.5 IMC - attatch task,contact,note when sending through IMC doesn't work

When I attatch a task, contact, note... and send the mail to a recipient
outside my Exchage 5.5 environment through my IMC the task, contact, note...
show up looking like a mail attachment without the right information.
(Sending inside the site is no problem, so I guess it has to IMC or the mail
being converted to smtp)

I've tried to send from Exchange 5.5 sp 3 and Exchange 5.5 sp 2 and recieved
on
Exchange 5.5 sp 3
Exchange 5.5 sp 2
Exchange 2000 build 4208.5
Unix mail pop3
all with the same result.

I have de same problem when I try to get a "Request a read receipt for this
message" from a message leaving my Exchage 5.5 environment through my IMC.
Request a delivery receipt for this message" works just fine.

How can I fix it?

/Ulrik

2. Program removal

3. Out of office autoreply doesn't work outside company boundaries

4. Filtering Email.

5. Out of Office Autoreply doesn't work

6. backup of Exchange v5.5???

7. AutoReply don't work over IMC

8. Moving Exchange 5.5 Standard From 1 Intel running NT4 to New box Running w2k-need advice before proceeding

9. IMC filtering doesn't work??

10. Message filter on IMC doesn't work

11. owa access through proxy doesn't work but works internally

12. Client's out of office assistant doesn't work properly

13. <<Can't get autoreply to work from public folder