store.exe running at 100% cpu usage

Post by Scott Seri » Fri, 19 Jan 2001 01:30:45

Hi, I'm running Exchange 5.5 sp3 on NT4 sp5 and I have noticed the store.exe
is running at 99%-100% usage?  Everything I've seen relates to a bug in sp2
which isn't applicable to this situation.  Any help would be appreciated.

Scott

store.exe running at 100% cpu usage

Test Exchange SP4 and apply it on production server.

--
Corrections are welcome.

For "Good post" practice visit

Kirill.

store.exe running at 100% cpu usage

Post by Brian Smit » Fri, 19 Jan 2001 04:38:49

Scott,

   Great name my son's name is Scott also.  I had a similar problem.  I had
to call Microsoft to solve it.  What  happened in my case was that a
corruption occured in the priv.edb and/or dir.edb file(s).  I would be
rather leary of putting on SP4 over the top of an already existing problem
like this.  I had SP2 installed and tried installiing SP3 to solve my high
utilization.  It seemed to get worse.  I had to delete the priv and dir
files and start over.

Before doing this however, I would first make a good backup of everything.
Second run the eseutil and isinteg utilities (read books online) on dir,
priv and pub to repair the files.  If that doesn't work e-mail me and I can
send you a utility that Microsoft sent me to export mailboxes along with
some directions (It's not fun).

After you know the edb files were OK then I would put SP4 on.

after job1.

Brian Smith
Job1USA

Quote:> Hi, I'm running Exchange 5.5 sp3 on NT4 sp5 and I have noticed the
store.exe
> is running at 99%-100% usage?  Everything I've seen relates to a bug in
sp2
> which isn't applicable to this situation.  Any help would be appreciated.

> Scott

store.exe running at 100% cpu usage

Post by Michael A. Ree » Fri, 19 Jan 2001 06:46:37

In our case this problem was caused by a postscript attachment (*.ps or
*.ai) stuck in the queue (Q182827). Check for its presence in imcdata\out
with a text editor. Once we deleted it (stop IMS, remove the file
imcdata\queue.dat, move suspect message(s) out, restart IMS), the store came
back to normal CPU levels. The fix was incorporated into SP3, I believe. If
you have Mac or Illustrator users, this might be the simple problem.

Michael

Quote:> Hi, I'm running Exchange 5.5 sp3 on NT4 sp5 and I have noticed the
store.exe
> is running at 99%-100% usage?  Everything I've seen relates to a bug in
sp2
> which isn't applicable to this situation.  Any help would be appreciated.

> Scott

1. store.exe 100% cpu usage

I have recently installed SP3 for Exchange 2000 server and
windows 2000  (on the same box).

since installing the SP's every now and then the CPU usage
for STORE.EXE shoots up to 90-100% and makes the server
hang.  This might be happening when a certain user tries
to use his outlook on his desktop.. But before installing
the service packs everything was ok - can anyone help or
does anyone no how to remove the exchange service pack 3

suki

2. Send mail using XML

3. store.exe causes 100% CPU usage

4. advice needed on restoring E2k mailbox

5. Store.exe cpu usage 100% caused by eTrust InoculateIt

6. Help on recovering mailbox

7. Store.exe cpu usage 100% caused by Mcafee Groupshield 5

8. Can't install OWA (5.5) on Windows 2000 Server

9. store.exe 100%cpu usage

10. Suspicious Internet Email and Store.exe CPU 100% Usage

11. ims queue hangs/store.exe running at 100% cpu

12. store.exe crahes and MAD.exe uses 100% CPU

13. 100% CPU Usage While Running Outlook Client