Exchange 2k OWA & Web Access Really SLOW

Exchange 2k OWA & Web Access Really SLOW

Post by Mike » Wed, 23 Oct 2002 04:19:34

Hi,
Using web access to exchange is very, very slow.  30 seconds to sign on or
off, 30 seconds to render a single contact.  (Single user on the system,
plenty of ram & disk).

And there are no problems with band width.  A simple web page renders in an
instant.

SMTP runs quick.

Any advice is appreciated.

Post by Volker Borcher » Wed, 23 Oct 2002 17:27:56

> Using web access to exchange is very, very slow.  30 seconds to sign on or
> off, 30 seconds to render a single contact.  (Single user on the system,
> plenty of ram & disk).

> And there are no problems with band width.  A simple web page renders in an
> instant.

Our Apache reverse proxy at debug LogLevel claims that every response
it receives from OWA/ISS (even .gif!) is not cacheable. I watched the
network statistics during a reload of my inbox with a single message
and it was (up/down) 105/150 KB with IE and 5/24 KB with Opera. It
seems that IE honors the "not cacheable" tag while Opera doesn't.

--

Exchange 2k OWA & Web Access Really SLOW

Post by Mike » Thu, 24 Oct 2002 01:54:01

Thanks for the reply.  But even if Exchange sent out 1meg of data, it would
not explain this.

> > Using web access to exchange is very, very slow.  30 seconds to sign on
or
> > off, 30 seconds to render a single contact.  (Single user on the system,
> > plenty of ram & disk).

> > And there are no problems with band width.  A simple web page renders in
an
> > instant.

> Our Apache reverse proxy at debug LogLevel claims that every response
> it receives from OWA/ISS (even .gif!) is not cacheable. I watched the
> network statistics during a reload of my inbox with a single message
> and it was (up/down) 105/150 KB with IE and 5/24 KB with Opera. It
> seems that IE honors the "not cacheable" tag while Opera doesn't.

> --

> "I'm a doctor, not a mechanic." Dr Leonard McCoy

1. Viewing messages is REALLY slow - Exchange 2K

I have a dual P3 1.13Ghz exchange server with 2GB's ram and only 4 users on
it (about to migrate the entire company to it)...

Viewing messages in outlook 2000 and outlook 2002 (XP) is really slow, click
on the message and a few seconds later it comes up. This is a minor problem,
but i know I'll catch hell from all the users about it very soon.

Any ideas?

Thanks

2. W2K, NT4, Exchange 2K -- Scenario Assistance -- TIA!

3. Really really slow

4. M: moved and drive still reads old size

5. OWA VPN Really SLOW!! Exchange 2000

6. Is it possible to change the directory name?

7. OWA slow...I really need some answers Please!

8. DS_E_INSUFFICIENT_ACCESS_RIGHTS

9. OWA REALLY slow

10. OWA really slow in IE, but fast in Netscape

11. really slow OWA.

12. Outlook Web Access Problems (no, really...)

13. Slow access to Outlook Web Access 5.01