Attachments Questions

Post by NetAdmi » Sat, 18 Dec 1999 04:00:00

Hello all...
    Is there a way in Exchange 5.5 SP2 to prevent user(s) from recieving
attachments either locally or thru IMS connector?
    I am not talking about size limits, i am talking about preventing them
from recieving any kind of attachments preriod...

Thanks!

Attachments Questions

Post by Douglas Buchanan [MVP » Sat, 18 Dec 1999 04:00:00

Not without using some 3rd party utility.

Quote:

> Hello all...
>     Is there a way in Exchange 5.5 SP2 to prevent user(s) from recieving
> attachments either locally or thru IMS connector?
>     I am not talking about size limits, i am talking about preventing them
> from recieving any kind of attachments preriod...

> Thanks!

Attachments Questions

Post by Brian Murphy, MCS » Sat, 18 Dec 1999 04:00:00

You need a 3rd Party Utility like the latest version of Antigen Antivirus
Software for Exchange with Attachment Filtering.  There are also less
expensive utilities that simply filter attachements only.  Go to
http://www.veryComputer.com/ for the latest product reviews.

Brian Murphy, MCSE
NT System Administrator
Carter *care - Dallas

"God makes men what they are."
- William Wallace

Attachments Questions

Post by Douglas Buchanan [MVP » Sat, 18 Dec 1999 04:00:00

Mimesweeper, Mail Essentials, among others.

> Any ideas what 3d party Utils?

message

> > Not without using some 3rd party utility.

> > > Hello all...
> > >     Is there a way in Exchange 5.5 SP2 to prevent user(s) from
recieving
> > > attachments either locally or thru IMS connector?
> > >     I am not talking about size limits, i am talking about preventing
> them
> > > from recieving any kind of attachments preriod...

> > > Thanks!

Attachments Questions

Post by NetAdmi » Sat, 18 Dec 1999 04:00:00

Any ideas what 3d party Utils?

> Not without using some 3rd party utility.

> > Hello all...
> >     Is there a way in Exchange 5.5 SP2 to prevent user(s) from recieving
> > attachments either locally or thru IMS connector?
> >     I am not talking about size limits, i am talking about preventing
them
> > from recieving any kind of attachments preriod...

> > Thanks!

1. Attachment Question

I have a user who can send mail but when he attaches something (xls, doc,
etc) the attachement does not send.  This is a remote user who synchronizes.
OL2000 and Exchange 5.5 SP3.  Any ideas while I troubleshoot?  Thanks.

--
John Oliver, Jr.
MCSE, MCP, MCP+ Internet

2. Sue's having a party

3. Two exchange servers,one poles the other for specific accounts.

4. HTML Attachment Question

5. Error using Outlook Web Access

6. Attachment Question

7. TrendMicro Virus Protection