How do I delete Offline Address book system folder

How do I delete Offline Address book system folder

Post by Simon Em » Sun, 13 May 2001 06:14:33

Apologies for posting this earlier in the pre Exchange 2000
newsgroup.

I am using Windows 2000 Advanced Server and Exchange 2000 Enterprise.

I can create an offline address book by selecting new on the
offline address book container in exchange system manager.
After some time a SYSTEM public folder is created under public folders.

I can delete the offline address book that I created, the sub. object of
the offline address book container. Right click, delete ... etc.

However, The system public folder for that Offline Address book is
not deleted.

If I then go to the public folder container, (view system folders) expand,
and right click, delete, the system folder for the OAB that I had created
I am prompted to enter a username and password to delete the "folder".

I enter Administrator, password, who was the "owner/creator" and the dialogue
box comes back asking me to enter the same information, over and over again.
Afteer a while I get another error saying unknown error.

I have tested this on a network on a single domain setup, and also on a
stand alone machine with loop back adaptor that only has one user account.
Administrator. this obviously has all the clout that should be needed. I can find
nothing on technet saying how to delete these system folders. Any help on
this would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Simon

1. Deleting Offline Address Book System public folders

I can create an offline address book by selecting new on the
offline address book container in excahnge system manager.
After some time a SYSTEM public folder is created under public folders.

I can then delete the offline address book that I created, sub object of
the offline address book container. Right click, delete ... etc.

However, The system public folder for that OAB is not deleted.

If I then go to the public folder container, (view system folders) expand,
and right click, delete, the system folder for the OAB that I had created
I am prompted to enter a username and password to delete the "folder".

I enter Administrator, password, who was the "owner/creator" and the dialogue
box comes back asking me to enter the same information, over and over again.

I have tested this on a network on a single domain setup, and also on a
stand alone machine with loop back adaptor that only has one user account.
Administrator. this obviously has all the clout that should be needed. I can find
nothing on technet saying how to delete Offline address books. Any help on
this would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Simon

2. licence problem

3. Offline Address Book -- Exchange 5.5 Outlook Offline Address Book -- Any way to get this back

4. Hotfix 815021 Blue Screen SESSION5_INITIALIZATION_FAILURE

5. NNTP Feed Problem

6. Public Contacts and Global Address book

7. Problem with download address book/Offline Folder and Public Folder

8. Address Book Views and Offline Address Book

9. Offline Address Book and Address Book Views problems

10. Help with Offline Address Books and Address Book Views please

11. Offline address book doesn't contain entire Global Address Book