Event log says.....

Post by James Arnol » Sat, 13 Feb 1999 04:00:00

My event log shows that every once and a while the server is making a
connection to our SMTP server.  I expect that when I'm running a IMC,
however, it says that it is making this connection for hotmail.com.  Why
does it say that it's doing it for hotmail.com?????

--
Jamie Arnold
Lead Programmer/Network Admin

Event log says.....

Post by Rich Matheis » Sun, 14 Feb 1999 04:00:00

>My event log shows that every once and a while the server is making a
>connection to our SMTP server.  I expect that when I'm running a IMC,
>however, it says that it is making this connection for hotmail.com.  Why
>does it say that it's doing it for hotmail.com?????

Probably because someone has sent a message to that e-mail domain?

Richard Matheisen                             Wang Global
Microsoft Certified System Engineer           Tewksbury, MA

Event log says.....

Post by James Arnol » Tue, 16 Feb 1999 04:00:00

That being the obvious, I (the pessimist) thought it might be something
evil!!

>>My event log shows that every once and a while the server is making a
>>connection to our SMTP server.  I expect that when I'm running a IMC,
>>however, it says that it is making this connection for hotmail.com.  Why
>>does it say that it's doing it for hotmail.com?????

>Probably because someone has sent a message to that e-mail domain?

>Richard Matheisen                             Wang Global
>Microsoft Certified System Engineer           Tewksbury, MA

Event log says.....

Post by James Arnol » Tue, 16 Feb 1999 04:00:00

That being the obvious, I (the pessimist) thought it might be something
evil!!

>>My event log shows that every once and a while the server is making a
>>connection to our SMTP server.  I expect that when I'm running a IMC,
>>however, it says that it is making this connection for hotmail.com.
Why
>>does it say that it's doing it for hotmail.com?????

>Probably because someone has sent a message to that e-mail domain?

>Richard Matheisen                             Wang Global
>Microsoft Certified System Engineer           Tewksbury, MA

1. Server Down - Event Log says...

Clients cannot logon to exchange server, and the event log on the server
says...

Event ID: 1016

mailbox, and is not the primary Windows 2000 account on the mailbox.

Is this Event Log error the cause of our Exchange server being down? How can
I fix this?

I'm new to both Server 2000, and Exchange Server 2000. I checked the
Exchange services, and they all seem to have started.

-Curtis

2. Exchange 4.0 Sp4

3. Connect a second server to the same site

4. Security Log and Application log saying different things

5. SP3 Y2K Fixes

6. Event ID 9405 Msg logged in event Viewer App Log

7. Outlook in Office '97 Vs. Outlook 97

8. Event ID 1000 Is Logged in the Application Event Log

9. Exchange says out of licenses! Event 202

10. EXCHANGE EVENT LOG & APPLICATION LOG ERROR

11. logging message attachment names/types in event log