Publishing Exchange Based NN Groups to the Web...

Publishing Exchange Based NN Groups to the Web...

Post by DLeno » Thu, 13 Jan 2000 04:00:00

A couple of Q's?

 1. How come all groups have a dash - instead of a period . as
seperators....

    ie     company-public-HR-news

 2. How can I create multiple news Servers on the same exchange server...

ie one internal using logon auth, and one external for anon users... I
suppose changing the port on the internal to something other than 119 is a
start... correct? Is that possible?

Thanks.

Doug

Publishing Exchange Based NN Groups to the Web...

Post by Wesley Peace [MVP » Thu, 13 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Comment embedded.....

Microsoft BackOffice/Exchange MVP

Exchange FAQ at   http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm
                               http://www.exchangefaq.org

Quote:> A couple of Q's?

>  1. How come all groups have a dash - instead of a period . as
> seperators....

>     ie     company-public-HR-news

They can't unless you create a single newsgroup with that name. Think of the
"." as a directory/folder boundary. when you view the Internet Newsgroups,
or even any other folders you may want to publish the "." defines the path
you navigate to get to the folder. So a folder of mynewsgroup.servers.ms.nt
is in the following path.

mynewgroup
----    servers
           ---- ms
                  ---- nt

Quote:

>  2. How can I create multiple news Servers on the same exchange server...

You can't, but you can create multiple newsgroups.  E2K on the otherhand
does allow you to create Virutal NNTP Servers. This is also possible in IIS.

Quote:

> ie one internal using logon auth, and one external for anon users... I
> suppose changing the port on the internal to something other than 119 is a
> start... correct? Is that possible?

As far as I know, the answer is still no.
Quote:

> Thanks.

> Doug

1. Web Based Exchange Discussion Groups Problem

I have tried both the Discussion Groups samples, and the Frontpage
Discussion Wizard but I get the same errors in both:

Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a01a8'
Object required: 'Application(...)'
/Discuss/Scripts/folder.inc, line 12

Where line 12 in the microsoft code is in this function:

Function GetRenderer( nType)
        Dim objRenderApp
        Dim objRenderer
        Set GetRenderer= Nothing
        If Not objRenderApp Is Nothing Then
                Set objRenderer= objRenderApp.CreateRenderer( nType)
                If IsEmpty( Session("hImp")) Then
                        Session( "hImp")= objRenderApp.ImpID
                End If
        End If
        Set GetRenderer= objRenderer
End Function

Here are some other items of note:
1.  The Outlook Web Access works just fine.
2.  I am setup with full rights to Exchange and Owner Rights to the folder.

Has anyone else seen this before?

Scott Vintinner

2. Norton antivirus for Exchange

3. setting up news groups and web-based email on exchange 5.5

4. Open "Other user's folders"!!!

5. Web based News Group

6. Relay - Exchange 5.5 -SP3

7. Web-Based Calendar/Group Scheduling

8. Removing Newsgroups

9. Web base Disscussion Group ??

10. Exchange 2003 Beta 2 Outlook Web Access - How to show the web page based logon screen

11. Publish an Exchange folder to web

12. Publish the ms exchange Global Address List on the web

13. Publishing Calendar on Web from Exchange Server