people cannot send mail to public folder : ASAP please

people cannot send mail to public folder : ASAP please

Post by aaaa » Fri, 08 Aug 2003 01:58:51

send resumes to this adddress, it should go to public folder, so that many
people can view it....

When somebody send the mail from outside, it says you do not have create
permission to this folder or its only availalbe to the foler owner at this
time....

can somebody help me on this ASAP - please....????

people cannot send mail to public folder : ASAP please

Post by Susan VanAllen [MVP » Fri, 08 Aug 2003 02:08:54

Through Outlook, give default and anonymous the role of "contributor"
--
hth,
SusanV

> send resumes to this adddress, it should go to public folder, so that many
> people can view it....

> When somebody send the mail from outside, it says you do not have create
> permission to this folder or its only availalbe to the foler owner at this
> time....

> can somebody help me on this ASAP - please....????

people cannot send mail to public folder : ASAP please

Post by aaaa » Fri, 08 Aug 2003 02:25:47

I read some where that only anonymous requires contributor role. Why both
requires contributor role ? Can you explain this please ?

> Through Outlook, give default and anonymous the role of "contributor"
> --
> hth,
> SusanV

people
> > send resumes to this adddress, it should go to public folder, so that
many
> > people can view it....

> > When somebody send the mail from outside, it says you do not have create
> > permission to this folder or its only availalbe to the foler owner at
this
> > time....

> > can somebody help me on this ASAP - please....????

people cannot send mail to public folder : ASAP please

Post by Susan VanAllen [MVP » Fri, 08 Aug 2003 02:40:00

If the "default" role cannot create objects in the folder, no mail will be
accepted <shrug>

> I read some where that only anonymous requires contributor role. Why both
> requires contributor role ? Can you explain this please ?

> > Through Outlook, give default and anonymous the role of "contributor"
> > --
> > hth,
> > SusanV

> people
> > > send resumes to this adddress, it should go to public folder, so that
> many
> > > people can view it....

> > > When somebody send the mail from outside, it says you do not have
create
> > > permission to this folder or its only availalbe to the foler owner at
> this
> > > time....

> > > can somebody help me on this ASAP - please....????

1. cannot send SMTP mail to mail-enabled Public Folders

I have a new Exchange org, created 2 mail-enabled public
folders, both have valid SMTP addresses.  I am getting
bounce-backs when trying to send external mail to these
folders, saying that the message got to my server but
delivery was refused.  The folders do receive mail that
originates internally (non-SMTP) and SMTP mail flows fine
to individual mailboxes outside the public store, so I
don't belive it to be an SMTP connectivity issue.
Anything I'm missing here?

2. Subscribe to a public folder

3. Cannot Send mail with SMTP Connector -Please please Help

4. Site Connector Vs Internet Mail Service

5. Cannot Send Mail to Contacts in Public Folder

6. Backup Online w/AT command

7. Cannot send or receive to *some* people.

8. recover space used by pub.edb

9. please.. I cannot delete public folders

10. Cannot delete public folder, please HELP ***

11. Please help...I cannot send mail from client

12. Public folder editors cannot change public folder content

13. ASAP Moving Public Folders