Filtering out e-mail addresses

Post by Samantha Wood » Wed, 12 Nov 2003 19:10:12

Hi

Is there a way of removing certain recipients' e-mail addresses from
incoming (POP3) mail?

If for example we receive a mail message to ten staff, we might want to
filter out incoming mail addresses, leaving only five remaining.

The reason for this is to prevent NDR messages from being bounced back on
certain addresses that don't exist in Exchange.

Please help!

Thanks

Samantha

Filtering out e-mail addresses

Post by Neil Hobson [MVP » Wed, 12 Nov 2003 19:17:08

Use the 'black hole' method, all gloriously detailed here:

http://hellomate.typepad.com/exchange/2003/07/black_holes_not.html

--
Neil Hobson
Exchange MVP

For Exchange news, links and tips, check:
http://www.msexchange.co.uk

Quote:> Hi

> Is there a way of removing certain recipients' e-mail addresses from
> incoming (POP3) mail?

> If for example we receive a mail message to ten staff, we might want to
> filter out incoming mail addresses, leaving only five remaining.

> The reason for this is to prevent NDR messages from being bounced back on
> certain addresses that don't exist in Exchange.

> Please help!

> Thanks

> Samantha

1. Mail filtering filters auto notification emails?

Hi All,

We have Exange2000 running on W2k (sp3). It appears to me
that whenever incoming email filtering is enabled, some of
the auto notification emails are also filtered (not
showing up in "Filter" folder though). Incluing Sonicwall,
JDE, Web (CDO?), except ScanMail auto notification emails.
Whenever I disable the filtering, all the auto
notification services come to live.

Does anyone know why and how to make both work?

Thank you in advance

Bryce

2. Delivery Options/Alternate recipients

3. Exchange 2000 filtering of incoming emails by email address

4. GFI FaxMaker. Nondelivery report when send fax

5. Filtering email sent by an email address

6. Virus Scanner

7. Using Outlook's Restrict and Filter Functions for email addresses

8. Reading Groupwise messages with Exchange Client?

9. Add automatically email address to the filtering list

10. filtering email addresses

11. Help on filtering email address out of undeliverable

12. Filtering email addresses in Exchange 5.5

13. filter incoming email by recipient's address?