Joinig Exchange Sites

Post by sam » Tue, 23 Oct 2001 23:53:53

Office A and office B would like to join their exchange
5.5 Sp4 server as two sites on a dedicated T1 line. both
exchange sites has two different domain name. Does anyone
know how to do this? Please help?
Sam

Joinig Exchange Sites

Post by Arlo Clizer [MVP » Wed, 24 Oct 2001 04:46:24

Quote:

> Office A and office B would like to join their exchange
> 5.5 Sp4 server as two sites on a dedicated T1 line. both
> exchange sites has two different domain name. Does anyone
> know how to do this? Please help?
> Sam

Hello Sam,

I would recommend something along the lines of establishing a trust between
the two domains, and then using the move mailbox item in the exchange
administrator to put the two servers together. Alternately you could use
exmerge.exe to get much of the same functionality. I hope this points you
in the right direction. Please repost if you need more help.

Regards,

--
Arlo Clizer
Exchange MVP

Joinig Exchange Sites

Post by Tony » Wed, 24 Oct 2001 04:51:08

Are they in the same Exchange Org or different ones? If different, check out
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q198/7/89.ASP
Or do you mean that you want them both to be as one?

--
Tony Woods MCSE, CNA
Microserve.ca

Office A and office B would like to join their exchange
5.5 Sp4 server as two sites on a dedicated T1 line. both
exchange sites has two different domain name. Does anyone
know how to do this? Please help?
Sam

1. installing exchange at remote site..as a site connected to main site

I have a project coming up where I will need to  install exchange server 5.5
at a remote site which is connected across a 256 ISDN connection. I am going
to have this server added as a site to our main server across that link.

The server will be a BDC and will probably be setup on the LAN and taken to
the remote site after all is working.

I am  curious about any problems I may have with routing protocols across
the link. How does exchange site actually talk to its Main Site, which
protocols MUST be enabled. I am just curious with regards to having a BRIDGE
type config on our  router or if I can actually use a Layer 3 approach.

please email me directly.

2. Searching with ADO a user-define field. Can I ?

3. Exchange 2000 site - Exchange 5.5 site problem

4. *** NIMDA PROBLEMS ***

5. How do you connect an Exchange 2000 site to four Exchange 5.5 sites

6. mail to public folder in Exchange 2000

7. Move Mailbox for Exchange site to another Exchange site

8. Setup Question: I want to know the best way to setup an SMTP spooler for Exchange

9. How do you connect an Exchange 2000 site to an Exchange 5.5 site

10. offline GAL only has recipients within HOME site...not site available over site connector

11. Q: Exchange site to site mailbox migration

12. Moving mailboxes from one exchange 5.5 site to other site servers

13. question about exmerge and maibox migration from exchange site to another site