Bulk creation of user accounts and mailboxes

Bulk creation of user accounts and mailboxes

Post by Uma Devi Gour » Thu, 22 Mar 2001 05:13:32

hi,

How do  I create around 1000 test accounts (user?) in windows 2000 and
also create mailboxes on exchange 2000.

Is there any tool available?

Thanks in advance.
Uma Devi.

Bulk creation of user accounts and mailboxes

Post by Bailey Garriso » Thu, 22 Mar 2001 07:19:14

Create using the default fields.  Save as a CSV file, then import the CSV
file where you want the recipients.....

This is what the default fields would look like:

Obj-Class First Name Last name Display Name Alias Name Directory Name
Primary Windows NT Account Home-Server
Mailbox Tucson Training01 TUCTRN01 TUCTRN01 TUCTRN01 APOLLOGROUP\TUCTRN01
UOPTUCEX1
Mailbox Tucson Training02 TUCTRN02 TUCTRN02 TUCTRN02 APOLLOGROUP\TUCTRN01
UOPTUCEX1
Mailbox Tucson Training03 TUCTRN03 TUCTRN03 TUCTRN03 APOLLOGROUP\TUCTRN01
UOPTUCEX1
Mailbox Tucson Training04 TUCTRN04 TUCTRN04 TUCTRN04 APOLLOGROUP\TUCTRN01
UOPTUCEX1
Mailbox Tucson Training05 TUCTRN05 TUCTRN05 TUCTRN05 APOLLOGROUP\TUCTRN01
UOPTUCEX1

--
Bailey Garrison
Apollo Group, Inc.

Quote:> hi,

> How do  I create around 1000 test accounts (user?) in windows 2000 and
> also create mailboxes on exchange 2000.

> Is there any tool available?

> Thanks in advance.
> Uma Devi.

Bulk creation of user accounts and mailboxes

Post by Ash » Thu, 22 Mar 2001 11:06:48

Download the Loadsim tool from MS website.  It automagically creates users,
groups, public folders etc which you specify the app's config.  You can then
run tests with the simulated load.

Quote:> hi,