Why can't I send mail (SMTP) to people not listed in my Exchange users

Why can't I send mail (SMTP) to people not listed in my Exchange users

Post by Chris Leppin » Fri, 15 Sep 2000 11:20:01

You know a few days ago I asked a question and later found out it was asked
in this newsgroup 10 times a week.

I have another one, that is probably the same situation, but I will ask it
anyway because I am about to commit Exchange Server Suicide and I don't know
if that means me or the server or both, but I will let you know.

I can't send E-mail out of Outlook to non-Outlook users.  It seems an SMTP
agent needs to be configured or installed.  On-line help and the HTML
Exchange manual doesn't offer much help.  What am I missing???  Exchange
doesn't come with it's own SMTP???

Sincerely,

chris...

Why can't I send mail (SMTP) to people not listed in my Exchange users

Post by Trevor Lawrenc » Fri, 15 Sep 2000 11:30:43

Install an IMS (Internet Mail Service).  Do this from Exchange
Adminsitrator.  "File", "New Other...", "Internet Mail Service"

Trevor Lawrence

Quote:> You know a few days ago I asked a question and later found out it was