SSL Certificates

Post by Lance Windo » Mon, 07 Dec 1998 04:00:00

Hi,
We need to create a secure site for Outlook Web Access using SSL. How many
certificates do we need? For all users? For only the users who use that site
at the same time? For only the internet user?

  Lance

SSL Certificates

Post by Steven Tone » Mon, 07 Dec 1998 04:00:00

Where is the setup files for OWA???

I inherited a site with OWA already installed and wish to reconfigure OWA on
a different server..

I not entire sure where the setup stuff is for this component

It would be nice to download the newest version of the component

steve

Quote:>Hi,
>We need to create a secure site for Outlook Web Access using SSL. How many
>certificates do we need? For all users? For only the users who use that
site
>at the same time? For only the internet user?

>  Lance

SSL Certificates

Post by Lance Windo » Mon, 07 Dec 1998 04:00:00

It's on the Exchange CD. You just install Exchange without the Server
itself.
However, now no one will post me an answer. You should have e-mailed me
instead of posting 8-(

  Lance

>Where is the setup files for OWA???

>I inherited a site with OWA already installed and wish to reconfigure OWA
on
>a different server..

>I not entire sure where the setup stuff is for this component

>It would be nice to download the newest version of the component

>steve

>>Hi,
>>We need to create a secure site for Outlook Web Access using SSL. How many
>>certificates do we need? For all users? For only the users who use that
>site
>>at the same time? For only the internet user?

>>  Lance

SSL Certificates

Post by S. Pidgorn » Tue, 08 Dec 1998 04:00:00

Lance,

You set up SSL server certificate on the Outlook Web Access IIS. To enforce
security, you can set up requirement for client authentication certificates;
in this case, you set up such certificates on every client,

HTH, S. Pidgorny, MCSE

>It's on the Exchange CD. You just install Exchange without the Server
>itself.
>However, now no one will post me an answer. You should have e-mailed me
>instead of posting 8-(

>  Lance

>>Where is the setup files for OWA???

>>I inherited a site with OWA already installed and wish to reconfigure OWA
>on
>>a different server..

>>I not entire sure where the setup stuff is for this component

>>It would be nice to download the newest version of the component

>>steve

>>>Hi,
>>>We need to create a secure site for Outlook Web Access using SSL. How
many
>>>certificates do we need? For all users? For only the users who use that
>>site
>>>at the same time? For only the internet user?

>>>  Lance

SSL Certificates

Post by Amit Zinma » Tue, 08 Dec 1998 04:00:00

I don't need that complexity. I need something like secured internet sites
have got. They don't have certificates on every client, do they?

  Lance

>Lance,

>You set up SSL server certificate on the Outlook Web Access IIS. To enforce
>security, you can set up requirement for client authentication
certificates;
>in this case, you set up such certificates on every client,

>HTH, S. Pidgorny, MCSE

>>It's on the Exchange CD. You just install Exchange without the Server
>>itself.
>>However, now no one will post me an answer. You should have e-mailed me
>>instead of posting 8-(

>>  Lance

>>>Where is the setup files for OWA???

>>>I inherited a site with OWA already installed and wish to reconfigure OWA
>>on
>>>a different server..

>>>I not entire sure where the setup stuff is for this component

>>>It would be nice to download the newest version of the component

>>>steve

>many
>>>site

SSL Certificates

Post by Amiri Jone » Tue, 08 Dec 1998 04:00:00

>I don't need that complexity. I need something like secured internet sites
>have got. They don't have certificates on every client, do they?

    You need 1 server certificate for each server that will be running
secure web pages.  You don't need any client certificates for Secure HTTP.

SSL Certificates

Post by S. Pidgorn » Wed, 09 Dec 1998 04:00:00

Hi there,

they do.

I just talked about client certificates for advanced security etc.

Svyatoslav Pidgorny, MCSE

>>I don't need that complexity. I need something like secured internet sites
>>have got. They don't have certificates on every client, do they?

>    You need 1 server certificate for each server that will be running
>secure web pages.  You don't need any client certificates for Secure HTTP.

SSL Certificates

Post by Percy Nikorawall » Fri, 11 Dec 1998 04:00:00

You dont specifically need client side certificates for SSL, just a server
certificate from a known Certificate Authority (like Verisign).

Use the key manager in IIS to generate a key request, send it to the CA and
install the certificate they send back to you.

Quote:>Hi,
>We need to create a secure site for Outlook Web Access using SSL. How many
>certificates do we need? For all users? For only the users who use that
site
>at the same time? For only the internet user?

>  Lance

1. SSL certificate problems with OWA

I recently set up an exchange 2000 server on a new win2k
server.

I installed the certification authority on the server and
forced SSL on my exchange site for outlook web access.

It appears to work ok, except I cannot get my computer to
trust the certificate. I get a popup message after about 5-
10 seconds with these errors:
1. the security certificate was issued by a company you
have not chosen to trust. view the certificate to
determine whether you want ot trust the certifying
authority.
2.The name on the security certificate is invalid or does
not match the name of the site.

I am completely stumped. When i click view certificate, it
allows me to import it, and says its successful, but if I
close the browser and try to hit my OWA site again, it
does the same thing. My users will get confused and
probably just not use it.

What am I doing wrong? I want them to hit the OWA site,
and have it pop up with a username and password box, not
these security errors.

or post here. Thanks.

2. Partitions for a new Exchange 2000 !!!

3. Quick Question on SSL Certificate w/ Exchange

4. email rights

5. SSL Certificate

6. Upgrade from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange Enterprise 5.5?

7. the ssl certificate server name is incorrect

8. Anti SPAM

9. OWA - SSL Certificate Server..

10. New SSL certificate installed now OWA Password change does not work

11. question about setting up SSL certificate for Outlook web Access

12. OWA and SSL certificates

13. SSL certificates for IMAP, LDAP, & SMTP