Out of office forwards mail but does not send auto reply

Out of office forwards mail but does not send auto reply

Post by Ma » Thu, 11 Sep 2003 07:20:32

Hi,

We have been experiencing problems with out of office settings with a
few users.  When someone is out, they set Outlook (2000 or XP) to
forward mail to another staff member using the Out Of Office
Assistant.  If they forget, I set it from another PC using the
administrator account to open the mailbox.

Problem is, with a couple of users mailboxes the forwarding works but
the auto reply does not.  It does not matter if the sender's address
is internal or external to our organisation, the reply refuses to
work.  I know that you don't always get a reply (it seems to send one
reply, then not bother for a period of time), but we have tested it
thoroughly, sending mail's from accounts that definetley have not had
a reply.

Has anyone seen this before, or have any suggestions?

System: W2K Server SP4, Exchange 2000
Clients: W2K Pro SP4, Outlook 2000 SP3 or Outlook XP SP1

Thanks in advance,

--
Max