Keep copies of e-mails sending and receiving from employee

Keep copies of e-mails sending and receiving from employee

Post by Rol » Mon, 29 Apr 2002 00:47:00

Dear all,

I'm a newbie of Exchange server. I'm asked whether it is possible to keep
copies of all e-mails sending and receiving by other employees. Is it
possible to do so without third-party software like Mimesweeper?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Regards,
Roland

Keep copies of e-mails sending and receiving from employee

Post by Ron Stewar » Mon, 29 Apr 2002 01:52:04

Yes. It's called Archiving, and it's enabled on the Properties of each mail
store (General tab). Just make sure you run it by your legal dept. first.
CYA.

--
Ron Stewart
B.Ed., MCSE+I, MCT

Quote:> Dear all,

> I'm a newbie of Exchange server. I'm asked whether it is possible to keep
> copies of all e-mails sending and receiving by other employees. Is it
> possible to do so without third-party software like Mimesweeper?

> Thanks a lot in advance!

> Regards,
> Roland

Keep copies of e-mails sending and receiving from employee

Post by Rol » Mon, 29 Apr 2002 02:03:14

Thank you for your response!

But what if an employee move his e-mails to his personal folder? Can
archiving still work for the e-mails stored in the personal folder?

Regards,
Roland

> Yes. It's called Archiving, and it's enabled on the Properties of each
mail
> store (General tab). Just make sure you run it by your legal dept. first.
> CYA.

> --
> Ron Stewart
> B.Ed., MCSE+I, MCT
> Senior Instructor/Consultant
> triOS Training Centres
> Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
> (905) 542-7678
> --

> > Dear all,

> > I'm a newbie of Exchange server. I'm asked whether it is possible to
keep
> > copies of all e-mails sending and receiving by other employees. Is it
> > possible to do so without third-party software like Mimesweeper?

> > Thanks a lot in advance!

> > Regards,
> > Roland

Keep copies of e-mails sending and receiving from employee

Post by Tom Meunie » Mon, 29 Apr 2002 03:16:17

It's all incoming & outgoing mail for the entire store.  And it's stored in
a different mailbox.   That employee can delete, forward, archive, move to
PST, synch his palmpilot with, or whatever he/she wants, doesn't affect
anything.

--

-tom

> Thank you for your response!

> But what if an employee move his e-mails to his personal folder? Can
> archiving still work for the e-mails stored in the personal folder?

> Regards,
> Roland

> > Yes. It's called Archiving, and it's enabled on the Properties of each
> mail
> > store (General tab). Just make sure you run it by your legal dept.
first.
> > CYA.

> > --
> > Ron Stewart
> > B.Ed., MCSE+I, MCT
> > Senior Instructor/Consultant
> > triOS Training Centres
> > Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
> > (905) 542-7678
> > --

> > > Dear all,

> > > I'm a newbie of Exchange server. I'm asked whether it is possible to
> keep
> > > copies of all e-mails sending and receiving by other employees. Is it
> > > possible to do so without third-party software like Mimesweeper?

> > > Thanks a lot in advance!

> > > Regards,
> > > Roland

Keep copies of e-mails sending and receiving from employee

Post by Rol » Mon, 29 Apr 2002 10:59:51

But I want to know if in the morning an employee moves his e-mails to the
personal folder, which is stored locally in his PC. If I do the archiving at
the Exchange Server at night, will it miss the e-mails moved to the personal
folder?

Thanks!

Post by Rich Matheisen [MVP » Mon, 29 Apr 2002 23:27:02

>But I want to know if in the morning an employee moves his e-mails to the
>personal folder, which is stored locally in his PC. If I do the archiving at
>the Exchange Server at night, will it miss the e-mails moved to the personal
>folder?

The "archiving" takes place as the message is delivered to the
mailbox, not when the contents of the mailbox is read. So, regardless
of where the delivery is set to happen, it will be archived if it
makes it to the database where the mailx is located.

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

Keep copies of e-mails sending and receiving from employee

Post by Rol » Tue, 30 Apr 2002 00:10:13

OK, I understand now! Thanks all for your help!!!

> >But I want to know if in the morning an employee moves his e-mails to the
> >personal folder, which is stored locally in his PC. If I do the archiving
at
> >the Exchange Server at night, will it miss the e-mails moved to the
personal
> >folder?

> The "archiving" takes place as the message is delivered to the
> mailbox, not when the contents of the mailbox is read. So, regardless
> of where the delivery is set to happen, it will be archived if it
> makes it to the database where the mailx is located.

> --
> Rich Matheisen
> MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

Keep copies of e-mails sending and receiving from employee

Post by saty » Tue, 30 Apr 2002 14:39:07

Dear Roalnd

You have a option af archiving all the mails to a mailbox.
Right click on private sorage group from exchange system
manager and you got an option to archive the messages.

Satya

Quote:>-----Original Message-----