online defragment fails, event id 116 and event id 160

online defragment fails, event id 116 and event id 160

Post by greg » Tue, 28 Jan 2003 00:38:06

Problems:
ESE97 errors and warnings, event source id 116 and 160

Questions:
Is it safe to use the Win2k defragemnt tool on a Exchange
5.5 sp4 installation.

If so, should this be done only when Exchange is offline.

Oh, and will this help anything at all if I can???

State of the world:
I have Exchange 5.5 sp4 installed to a new win2k server
box.  I am getting application event source errors ese97,
event 160 (failed online derfragment of priv.edb.  I am
also getting event id errors 116 on the private.edb
(checksum errors).  I received the same error on an older
nt 4. sp6 box (suspected bad hardware controller), moved
the files offline, to the new win2k server, reinstalled
with the same name, site, etc.  I guess I just moved the
corrupt database from one server to a newer server.
Eseutil reported orphaned long values in the priv.edb.

Thanks for any help at all.

Gregg

online defragment fails, event id 116 and event id 160

Post by Melissa Travers [MS » Sat, 01 Feb 2003 05:48:43

I saw an earlier post from you is the exact error you are receiving

Event ID 116
    Source:  ESE97
    Type:  Error
    Category:  Database Page Cache
    MSExchangeIS ((215) ) Synchronous read page checksum error -1018
    ((1:826096 1:2184256518)
    (4119191402-546568656) (0-24859366)) occurred. Please restore the
    databases from a previous backup.

If so, please see the following article concerning the  -1018 errors

Q314917 XADM: Understanding and Analyzing -1018, -1019, and -1022 Exchange
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q314917

If you repost, please do a new post so that it appears at the top and also
put your entire error message description in addition to the event ids

Hope this helps

--
Melissa Travers, MCSE
Microsoft Exchange Support

purposes only.

Quote:> Problems:
> ESE97 errors and warnings, event source id 116 and 160

> Questions:
> Is it safe to use the Win2k defragemnt tool on a Exchange
> 5.5 sp4 installation.

> If so, should this be done only when Exchange is offline.

> Oh, and will this help anything at all if I can???

> State of the world:
> I have Exchange 5.5 sp4 installed to a new win2k server
> box.  I am getting application event source errors ese97,
> event 160 (failed online derfragment of priv.edb.  I am
> also getting event id errors 116 on the private.edb
> (checksum errors).  I received the same error on an older
> nt 4. sp6 box (suspected bad hardware controller), moved
> the files offline, to the new win2k server, reinstalled
> with the same name, site, etc.  I guess I just moved the
> corrupt database from one server to a newer server.
> Eseutil reported orphaned long values in the priv.edb.

> Thanks for any help at all.

> Gregg

1. Event ID 116 - any fixes if repair fails?

Hi,

We are receiving symptoms similar to those in Q190696 - Event ID 116 Service
Database Corruption. Our attention was drawn to the problem when BackupExec
7.2 with Exchange module started failing backups with

WARNING: "Information Store" is a corrupt file.
This file cannot verify.

errors.

The private information store passed an isinteg and a recover (eseutil /r
/ispriv) made no difference at all.

When we ran a repair (eseutil /p /ispriv) we lost all attachments in the
database, so we are still running with the corrupt priv IS.

Has anyone managed to recover from this error? Has anyone else lost data
after a repair?

Server is running NT4.0 SP5, Exchange 5.5SP2 with the IS post SP2 hotfix.

Dave.
--
David McMullen
Systems Engineer, SIG (Europe)

2. How to clear the NEWS Service ???

3. DS_COMMUNICATION error

4. Microsoft Exchange Event ID:64 Event ID 1025 Event ID 1107

5. full-text indexing

6. Event Id 25, Event Id 11, Event Id 5004,

7. Remote Administration of MS Exchange 5.5

8. Event ID: 116, 117, 200

9. event id 116

10. ESE97, Event ID 116

11. Help, Corrupt DB - Event ID 116