old files in the mtadata directory

Post by Kath » Wed, 21 Feb 2001 02:15:19

I see some old *.dat files in the mtadata directory.  Some date back to
1997.  What are these and can I delete them?  Are they bad files that the
MTA was unable to route or something?

Thanks,
Kathy

Post by Rich Matheisen [MVP » Wed, 21 Feb 2001 03:41:52

>I see some old *.dat files in the mtadata directory.  Some date back to
>1997.  What are these and can I delete them?  Are they bad files that the
>MTA was unable to route or something?

They're probably the original files from the installaton. Leave 'em
alone.

If you're curious, check the names of the files with the names of the
files in the MTADATA directory on the installation CD.

------------------
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

old files in the mtadata directory

Post by Kirill S. Palagi » Wed, 21 Feb 2001 03:50:55

Leave them alone. More info at
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q178/0/21.ASP?LN=EN-...

--
Corrections are welcome.