Error with Event ID: 1023,Event Source: POP3SVC

Post by Keep » Sat, 31 May 2003 16:26:25

Hi All,

I keep getting errors from our office exchange when i try to download
messages using outlok express or microsoft outlook. When i check the event
viewer of the server (where the exchange server resides), i get the
following error.

Event Type: Error
Event Source: POP3SVC
Event Category: Content Engine
Event ID: 1023
Date:  5/28/2003
Time:  10:54:12 AM
User:  N/A
Computer: computer1
Error 0x8004050a occurred while rendering message 0001-00000019a959 for

frequent to many users.)

Data:
0000: 50 04 14 00               P...

I tried checking the site but did not get a solution.

If you got any ideas on how to solve this, i will be grateful of your help.

Thanks in advance.
--
Ignatius Kiptoo

Error with Event ID: 1023,Event Source: POP3SVC

Post by Philip Nun » Sun, 01 Jun 2003 04:11:07

So when using Outlook setup as an "Exchange" MAPI client can you receive
messages?  I take it this is only happening when using a POP3 client/setup.
What kind of Authentication are you using on the POP3 VS in ESM?

Phil

> Hi All,

> I keep getting errors from our office exchange when i try to download
> messages using outlok express or microsoft outlook. When i check the event
> viewer of the server (where the exchange server resides), i get the
> following error.

> Event Type: Error
> Event Source: POP3SVC
> Event Category: Content Engine
> Event ID: 1023
> Date:  5/28/2003
> Time:  10:54:12 AM
> User:  N/A
> Computer: computer1
> Error 0x8004050a occurred while rendering message 0001-00000019a959 for

> frequent to many users.)

> For more information, click http://www.microsoft.com/contentredirect.asp.
> Data:
> 0000: 50 04 14 00               P...

> I tried checking the site but did not get a solution.

> If you got any ideas on how to solve this, i will be grateful of your
help.

> Thanks in advance.
> --
> Ignatius Kiptoo

1. Exchange Server 2000 Event ID: 1023 Source: POP3SVC

After one of our administrators restored some of the data
to the Exchange M drive, users are recieving the follwing
message on their outlook clients:

"(number) messages couldn't be retrieved from the server.
This usually happens when the connection to the server is
lost due to server or network problems. If the problem
persists, contact your administrator."

and

"The POP3 server responded with an error. Server
Response: '-ERR The requested message is no longer
available; it may have been deleted. (Accont: ~~~~ Error
Number: 0x800ccc90).

The Windows Application Event log on the Exchange Server
records Event ID: 1023 from Source: POP3SVC Category:
Content Engine
0001-0000001bba9f for download for user (user email
address)

It appears that these messages are not on the server
because of the restore that was done. Can anybody explain
how to remove the message IDs from the server to stop the
clients from trying to download them?

Thanks

Can anybody explain how to

2. moving personal folders

3. POP3SVC Event ID 1023 error 0x7d6

4. Adding external vendor address to GAL & route to Internet... help, TIA

5. Event ID 1023 POP3SVC

6. OWA

7. POP3SVC Event 1023 Error 0x7da

8. scary hotfix! -- Q253216

9. Error in Application Event Log. Event ID 1023

10. Event ID 1023 in Event Log

11. Event ID 1023 in event logs

12. Event ID 1023 Failure Audit Errors

13. Event ID 1023