Exchange disk space device error

Post by Kris Ozolin » Wed, 16 Jan 2002 05:27:40

I am getting this message when attempting to create new mailboxes through
Exchange Administrator on my Exchange 5.5 (NT 4.0)

"There is not enough disk space on the device. Microsoft Exchange Directory
System Error id no c105001c".
Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

Kris

Exchange disk space device error

Post by Michael Abbaticchio [MVP » Wed, 16 Jan 2002 14:59:08

What is the disk space situation on the drive where dir.edb resides?  What
is going on in your application event logs?

--
regards,
Michael Abbaticchio

The preceeding information is offered on an  "as-is"
basis, and the author assumes no liability for the technical
accuracy, nor any damages resulting from the use of this
information.

Quote:> I am getting this message when attempting to create new mailboxes through
> Exchange Administrator on my Exchange 5.5 (NT 4.0)

> "There is not enough disk space on the device. Microsoft Exchange
Directory
> System Error id no c105001c".
> Any thoughts?

> Thanks in advance!

> Kris

Exchange disk space device error

Post by Kirill S. Palagi » Wed, 16 Jan 2002 16:23:53

Perform backup of Directory, stop Directory service and perform offline defrag
of dir.edb.
This should fix your problem.

--
Corrections are welcome.
Please keep all discussions in NG, so that everybody can participate.

Kirill

1. Logs low disk space error when there is plenty of disk space

Hello,
I'm having a problem with Exchange 5.5 where it logs the
following errors:

event ese97 146 database engine rejecting update
operations low feree disk space on log disk

MsexchangeIS log disk is full attemtping to stop ms
exchange store. service

The problem is that I have plenty of space on all the
drives in that machine. The log drive has over 1 GB free
and the information store drive has over 2 GB free and the
system drive has over 1 GB free, even while Exchange is
logging this error that there isn't enough disk space.

Any ideas as to what might cause this behavior or how to
stop it? Thanks!

2. Logging

3. ERROR THERE IS NOT ENOUGH SPACE ON DEVICE

4. AutoAccept.txt

5. Error 452 not enough disk space on Exchange 5.5 IMS

6. IMC Service will not start

7. Exchange disk space errors

8. Dialing Problems

9. Out of disk space - split Exch to 2 local disks

10. HELP Please - Disk Space Error NOT in MSDN

11. "Insufficient memory and disk space error"....

12. Avail. disk space error

13. HELP Please - Disk Space Error NOT in MSDN