Tracking who moved a message to a Public Folder?

Tracking who moved a message to a Public Folder?

Post by Paul Hutching » Tue, 21 Oct 2003 20:03:44

Exchange 5.5 SP4.

Is there any way of telling who dragged a particular item into a Public
Folder?

I have a folder that users drop spam into, and sometimes it's not always
apparent who a message was put there by.

TIA,
Paul
--
paul <at> spamcop.net

Tracking who moved a message to a Public Folder?

Post by Serene Verghes » Wed, 22 Oct 2003 05:40:46

Thot I had replied earlier today.
In outlook, use View-Current View-Customize Current View and add "Changed
By" to the view.
Serene

Quote:> Exchange 5.5 SP4.

> Is there any way of telling who dragged a particular item into a Public
> Folder?

> I have a folder that users drop spam into, and sometimes it's not always
> apparent who a message was put there by.

> TIA,
> Paul
> --
> paul <at> spamcop.net

1. Exchange Server 5.5 sp2 and Disabling Read/Unread Message Tracking in Public Folders

HELP!!!!

The Following is the only documentation in regards to disabling this
property in public folders with thousands of  "messages".

I have developed several custom applications in Outlook using VBScript code.
Am I supposed to use the code referenced below in the form level, or am I
supposed to use a server-side Scripting agent for this?  This is very
important to find out soon.
******************
 Disabling Read/Unread Message Tracking in Public Folders
 In SP2, you can use a new MAPI folder property to disable the read/unread
tracking capabilities of Microsoft Exchange Server when a public folder is
created. You may want to use this property if system response time is slow
when you are working with public folders containing thousands of messages.
Slow response time can occur because the information store maintains data
for every client regarding the read or unread status of each message.
 To add the property definition in your source code, type the following:

 #define PR_DISABLE_PERUSER_READ   PROP_TAG( PT_BOOLEAN,   0x66c5)

 Set this property to a non-zero value (TRUE) on the public folder where you
want to modify per-user read/unread tracking.

Note:
 Disabling per-user read/unread processing for a public folder causes the
state of read/unread properties to become inconsistent for objects in the
folder. This inconsistency can confuse users who think they can change the
read/unread state of a message.

*********************

2. Unable to expand folder (opening additional mailboxes)

3. Exhange Server 5.5 SP2 and Disabling Read/Unread Message Tracking in Public Folders

4. CDO on Windows 2000

5. Exchange Server 5.5 SP2 and Disabling Read\Unread Message Tracking in Public Folders

6. Exchange on NT workstation

7. OWA:Move messages between Private Folder and Public Folders

8. Timestamp

9. Public Folder Contacts Tracking using a Public Journal ??

10. Moving Messages in Public Folders

11. Public Folders (move a message to a subfolder)

12. moving or deleting messages in a public folder

13. move message to public folder problem