can recieve but can't send all the time

Post by gavin kille » Fri, 03 May 2002 17:01:39

NT 6 SP 6 EXCH5.5 sp3

I can send internal email to anyone and recieve internal email from anyone.

I can recieve external email from everyone. I can only send external email
intermitently, some times it goes some times I get an immeadiate
undeliverable message saying that the the email address is not recognised
though it is the same address I sent a mail too 5 minutes earlier and got a
successful delivery.

I am using a dial up to and ISP and I think the problem is that as exchange
is set to dial out once an hour to check for mail, it won't take messages
into the outbound queue unless it is online?

please help if you can as I am close to throwing myself under the next bus.

Gavin

can recieve but can't send all the time

Post by AI » Fri, 03 May 2002 18:50:54

Hello,

Please see if  http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_smtp_ispissues.htm helps.

Regards,
Intermedia.NET (AI)
Microsoft Certified Solutions Provider
Providing expertise in hosting applications
MS Exchange Hosting: http://www.intermedia.net/exchangehosting
Windows 2000 Web Hosting:  http://www.intermedia.net/webhosting
For a waiver of the set up fee use "IMFREE" code

Quote:> NT 6 SP 6 EXCH5.5 sp3