deleting public folder and news group

Post by Znew » Wed, 18 Sep 2002 00:58:27

Hi All:

We are using exchange 5.5 sp4, ntserver 4 sp6a, and have created some
newsgroup and public folders in the public information store but unable to
delete some of it, I checked on the permission and the Admin should have the
owner permission to these folders, but the delete option is not enabled.

how do we go about and delete these folders ?

Thanks

deleting public folder and news group

Post by Susan VanAlle » Wed, 18 Sep 2002 03:50:42

How are you trying to delete the public folders? You need to do it in
Outlook, not the admin program...
--
Susan VanAllen
MCSE, Exchange MVP

Quote:> Hi All:

> We are using exchange 5.5 sp4, ntserver 4 sp6a, and have created some
> newsgroup and public folders in the public information store but unable to
> delete some of it, I checked on the permission and the Admin should have
the
> owner permission to these folders, but the delete option is not enabled.

> how do we go about and delete these folders ?

> Thanks

1. Deleting Public News Group

Greetings,

I am having problems deleting this public newsgroup because it is saying the
following:

"The Object cannot be found int he directory. This may be because
replication has not completed.

Microsoft Exchange Directory
ID no:c1010aae

Press OK."

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
James

2. directing email to an Exchange folder

3. Deleting News Group Folders

4. Viewing Exchange 5.0 directory info from an intranet

5. Internet News Groups/Public Folders

6. How do I allow user's to only see Calendar of resource accounts?

7. Setup News Groups through Public Folders

8. Outlook 98

9. How can I syncronize news groups with my public folders

10. How do I build a connection with public folder and news group

11. accessing Public Folders as news groups without password

12. News Groups in Public folders

13. News Groups --> public folders