Exchange 2000 MMC Snap-in on XP pro box

Post by Jason Han » Fri, 16 Aug 2002 06:01:36

Does anyone know how to add the exchange extensions into
the mmc of a windows xp pro box for administration by an
admin on the network?

I did it a long time ago, but cannot get it to work.

Thanks,
Jason

Exchange 2000 MMC Snap-in on XP pro box

Post by Mark Fugat » Fri, 16 Aug 2002 06:19:52

This is not supported by Microsoft, and they would recommend that you use
Terminal Services to administer Exchange using XP, but this is how I and a
few other have gotten it to work.

1. Install Windows 2000 SP2 Admin Pack
2. Install Exchange System Manager
3. Install Exchange 2000 SP2
4. Uninstall Windows 2000 SP2 Admin Pack
5. Install .NET Server Beta 3 Admin Pack.

--
Mark Fugatt
Pentech Office Solutions Inc

Quote:> Does anyone know how to add the exchange extensions into
> the mmc of a windows xp pro box for administration by an
> admin on the network?

> I did it a long time ago, but cannot get it to work.

> Thanks,
> Jason

1. MMC Admin snap-ins won't run on XP Pro

MMC error messages (snap-in failed to initilize) when
opening either AD Users and Groups or Exchange 2K AD
Users and Computers snap-ins in XP Pro.  They work in
Win2K Pro.  What's the secret handshake required to run
Admin tools in XP?  System Manager works though.

2. location of exchange server

3. exchange MMC snapin for XP

4. Password Expires in 0 Days?? with OWA

5. Exchange MMC Snapin and XP Clients

6. undeliverable

7. Exchange ADUC snapin on XP-PRO

8. Performance of EXCH 4.0 v EXCH 5.0

9. Exchange2000 mmc snap-in problem with XP

10. Administrative snap-in at WIndows XP pro

11. mmc, snap-ins for exchange 2000 server

12. Exchange 2000 MMC Snapin on another computer

13. Exchange 2000 MMC on Windows XP