Event ID 1021 error 0x3f2 after ccmail migrate

Event ID 1021 error 0x3f2 after ccmail migrate

Post by Ed Bendickso » Sun, 14 Mar 1999 04:00:00

After ccmail migration to exchange the user can not access the mailbox.  The
exchange event log shows Event ID 1021 error 0x3f2  type failure audit
source MSExchangeIS.  As the admin I can access the mailbox.  I can set the
permissions for the user but the user still can not access the mailbox.

Event ID 1021 error 0x3f2 after ccmail migrate

Post by Kirill S. Palagi » Sun, 14 Mar 1999 04:00:00

Have you tryed recreating profile on client computer?

> After ccmail migration to exchange the user can not access the mailbox.  The
> exchange event log shows Event ID 1021 error 0x3f2  type failure audit
> source MSExchangeIS.  As the admin I can access the mailbox.  I can set the
> permissions for the user but the user still can not access the mailbox.

Event ID 1021 error 0x3f2 after ccmail migrate

Post by Chris Schar » Mon, 15 Mar 1999 04:00:00

What error does the user get on his machine? Create a profile for the
users mailbox on your machine, set the NT password authentication to
"none" (Control Panel | Mail | Microsoft Exchange Server | Advanced).
Can you log in using his NT credentials?

Chris Scharff
Exchange Administrator
BV Solutions Group

#include std_disclaim.h

Quote:>After ccmail migration to exchange the user can not access the mailbox.  The
>exchange event log shows Event ID 1021 error 0x3f2  type failure audit
>source MSExchangeIS.  As the admin I can access the mailbox.  I can set the
>permissions for the user but the user still can not access the mailbox.

Event ID 1021 error 0x3f2 after ccmail migrate

Post by Ed Bendickso » Mon, 15 Mar 1999 04:00:00

What the user gets is the message "Unable to open your default email folder

I can give them access to other mailboxes.  I can create a new mailbox for
them to they can access it.  But only I as the admin can access the migrated
mail regardless of how I set the permissions.

I have tried recreating the profiles, seting authentication to "none" etc
but no luck.

The migration does not show any errors ( logging set to maximum ).

>What error does the user get on his machine? Create a profile for the
>users mailbox on your machine, set the NT password authentication to
>"none" (Control Panel | Mail | Microsoft Exchange Server | Advanced).
>Can you log in using his NT credentials?

>Chris Scharff
>Exchange Administrator
>BV Solutions Group

>#include std_disclaim.h

>>After ccmail migration to exchange the user can not access the mailbox.
The
>>exchange event log shows Event ID 1021 error 0x3f2  type failure audit
>>source MSExchangeIS.  As the admin I can access the mailbox.  I can set
the
>>permissions for the user but the user still can not access the mailbox.

Event ID 1021 error 0x3f2 after ccmail migrate

Post by S.D. » Tue, 16 Mar 1999 04:00:00

Ed what were your reasons in moving to Exchange Server (at least,
hopefully v5.5!)?

Why didn't you take the small step to Lotus Notes R5?   It's
definitely superior to Exchange Server.

I'm actually considering on dumping Exchange Server v5.5 for Lotus
Notes.

Shawn

>After ccmail migration to exchange the user can not access the mailbox.  The
>exchange event log shows Event ID 1021 error 0x3f2  type failure audit
>source MSExchangeIS.  As the admin I can access the mailbox.  I can set the
>permissions for the user but the user still can not access the mailbox.

Shawn D. Connelly, (the ubiquitous) Network Engineer (CNE, MCSE)
Dipix Technologies Inc. email: sconnell at dipix.com

       that I will read your reply, please copy your public posting to
       my email account.  Messages in the newsgroups get lost!

Spambait (come and git'it you losers!)

Event ID 1021 error 0x3f2 after ccmail migrate

Post by Ed Bendickso » Thu, 18 Mar 1999 04:00:00

This is right after the migration.  What would waiting do?

>Is this immediately following the migration? If you wait say 120
>minutes after migrating and then try, does it work?

>>What the user gets is the message "Unable to open your default email
folder

>>I can give them access to other mailboxes.  I can create a new mailbox for
>>them to they can access it.  But only I as the admin can access the
migrated
>>mail regardless of how I set the permissions.

>>I have tried recreating the profiles, seting authentication to "none" etc
>>but no luck.

>>The migration does not show any errors ( logging set to maximum ).

>>>What error does the user get on his machine? Create a profile for the
>>>users mailbox on your machine, set the NT password authentication to
>>>"none" (Control Panel | Mail | Microsoft Exchange Server | Advanced).
>>>Can you log in using his NT credentials?

>>>Chris Scharff
>>>Exchange Administrator
>>>BV Solutions Group

>>>#include std_disclaim.h

>>The
>>the

Event ID 1021 error 0x3f2 after ccmail migrate

Post by Chris Schar » Sat, 20 Mar 1999 04:00:00

I'm not sure how the accounts are being created within the migration
tool, but changes to existing Exchange account permissions have a
delay of up to 120 minutes to take effect under 5.5 (there's a KB
article, but I don't have it handy).

If 2 hours later the user CAN get in without any changes being made by
the admin, then there is a registry setting you can change to reduce
the time interval before permissions take effect.

Chris

>This is right after the migration.  What would waiting do?

>>Is this immediately following the migration? If you wait say 120
>>minutes after migrating and then try, does it work?

>>>What the user gets is the message "Unable to open your default email
>folder

>>>I can give them access to other mailboxes.  I can create a new mailbox for
>>>them to they can access it.  But only I as the admin can access the
>migrated
>>>mail regardless of how I set the permissions.

>>>I have tried recreating the profiles, seting authentication to "none" etc
>>>but no luck.

>>>The migration does not show any errors ( logging set to maximum ).

>>>The
>>>the

Event ID 1021 error 0x3f2 after ccmail migrate

Post by Ed Bendickso » Mon, 22 Mar 1999 04:00:00

Thanks for the info.  I try to find the kb info.

>I'm not sure how the accounts are being created within the migration
>tool, but changes to existing Exchange account permissions have a
>delay of up to 120 minutes to take effect under 5.5 (there's a KB
>article, but I don't have it handy).

>If 2 hours later the user CAN get in without any changes being made by
>the admin, then there is a registry setting you can change to reduce
>the time interval before permissions take effect.

>Chris

>>This is right after the migration.  What would waiting do?

>>>Is this immediately following the migration? If you wait say 120
>>>minutes after migrating and then try, does it work?

>>folder

>>migrated

mailbox.

Event ID 1021 error 0x3f2 after ccmail migrate

Post by Ed Bendickso » Mon, 22 Mar 1999 04:00:00

Chris
  I was unable to find this in the KB base.  Any idea where it might be?
Ed

>I'm not sure how the accounts are being created within the migration
>tool, but changes to existing Exchange account permissions have a
>delay of up to 120 minutes to take effect under 5.5 (there's a KB
>article, but I don't have it handy).

>If 2 hours later the user CAN get in without any changes being made by
>the admin, then there is a registry setting you can change to reduce
>the time interval before permissions take effect.

>Chris

>>This is right after the migration.  What would waiting do?

>>>Is this immediately following the migration? If you wait say 120
>>>minutes after migrating and then try, does it work?

>>folder

>>migrated

mailbox.

Event ID 1021 error 0x3f2 after ccmail migrate

Post by Bill Beesko » Tue, 23 Mar 1999 04:00:00

I too had a problem related to account permissions after a 'disaster
recovery' situation.  I changed permissions on a mail box and it took 2
hours to be accepted by Exchange.  Any ideas on what the registry setting is
that needs to be changed?

Thanks.

Bill

>I'm not sure how the accounts are being created within the migration
>tool, but changes to existing Exchange account permissions have a
>delay of up to 120 minutes to take effect under 5.5 (there's a KB
>article, but I don't have it handy).

>If 2 hours later the user CAN get in without any changes being made by
>the admin, then there is a registry setting you can change to reduce

message shortened

Event ID 1021 error 0x3f2 after ccmail migrate

Post by Chris Schar » Fri, 26 Mar 1999 04:00:00

Here's the article:
XADM: Changes to Primary Windows NT Account Do Not Take Effect Q179065

http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q179/0/65.asp

Chris

>Chris
>  I was unable to find this in the KB base.  Any idea where it might be?
>Ed

>>I'm not sure how the accounts are being created within the migration
>>tool, but changes to existing Exchange account permissions have a
>>delay of up to 120 minutes to take effect under 5.5 (there's a KB
>>article, but I don't have it handy).

>>If 2 hours later the user CAN get in without any changes being made by
>>the admin, then there is a registry setting you can change to reduce
>>the time interval before permissions take effect.

>>Chris

>>>This is right after the migration.  What would waiting do?

>>>folder

>for
>>>migrated

>etc

>mailbox.
>set
>mailbox.

Event ID 1021 error 0x3f2 after ccmail migrate

Post by Chris Schar » Fri, 26 Mar 1999 04:00:00

Here's the article:
XADM: Changes to Primary Windows NT Account Do Not Take Effect Q179065

http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q179/0/65.asp

I've set mine to 5 minutes which seems to have had no negative effect.

>I too had a problem related to account permissions after a 'disaster
>recovery' situation.  I changed permissions on a mail box and it took 2
>hours to be accepted by Exchange.  Any ideas on what the registry setting is
>that needs to be changed?

>Thanks.

>Bill

>>I'm not sure how the accounts are being created within the migration
>>tool, but changes to existing Exchange account permissions have a
>>delay of up to 120 minutes to take effect under 5.5 (there's a KB
>>article, but I don't have it handy).

>>If 2 hours later the user CAN get in without any changes being made by
>>the admin, then there is a registry setting you can change to reduce
>message shortened

1. ASP Calendar Solution Login Problems (MSExchangeIS Event 1021, Error 0x3f2)

I am working on a web-based calendar viewer using ASP and CDO. I started
with the "Calendar of Events Application" in Rizzo's Programming Outlook and
Exchange book. I've been making mostly cosmetic changes to the app. The two
most notible changes I have made are: removing the categories filter and
allowing mailbox to be passed in the URL.

I'm having erratic login problems. Whenever a login fails I get the
following event in the event log:

    Event ID: 1021, Source: MSExchangeIS, Type: Failure Audit, Source:
Connections

    DOMAIN/USERNAME was unable to connect as /o=Orginization/ou=Org
Unit/cn=Exchange/cn=User Alias. Error 0x3f2.

I've searched MSDN/MS KB/etc, and can't seem to find any information on
"3f2". This error seems to occur randomly. I have not been able to determine
any pattern (with permissions or such) that effects the logins. We have one
user who's calendar always works. I have looked for patterns in the clients
(outlook version, whether outlook is open, calendar permissions, etc) and
found none.

It is worth noting that I am using the IUSR_* account to log into the
mailbox. So that anonymous web users can view the calendar, I have given one
of the domain's IUSR accounts permissions to the mailboxes I want public.
I've tried changing the various permissions the IUSR account has on the
mailbox (such as "mailbox owner", "send as", etc). These flags seem to have
no effect.

I saw mention in the Rizzo book that the IUSR account should either have
"mailbox owner" permissions on the target mailbox, or have it's own exchange
account. I've tried both ways, and there appears to be no corrolation.

Perhaps if I knew what "Error 0x3f2" meant, I would have some direction...
but for now, I'm stuck.

2. outloo 200 connectiong from internet trough a firewall

3. Moved mailbox - now user can't open it (error 1021)

4. Exchange 5.5 and IMS

5. Microsoft Exchange Event ID:64 Event ID 1025 Event ID 1107

6. Incorrect Home Server

7. Event Id 25, Event Id 11, Event Id 5004,

8. No permission opening piblic folders

9. A lot of Event ID : 9318 and Event ID 9277 in event viewer

10. Event ID 7024 with Error ID 4021

11. Failure ID 3 and ID 70 to CCMail Gateway

12. Event ID 7024 with Error ID 4021