Impact of site/org name change?

Post by Jay Andrew » Wed, 26 Jun 2002 02:25:54

Does anyone know of any negative consequences of changing the Exchange 5.5
organization / site display names? I have "_" and "." characters I need to
remove before adding an Exchange 2000 server to the site.
(this is in a production environment)

Thanks!

Impact of site/org name change?

Post by Ron Paskowsk » Wed, 26 Jun 2002 02:54:32

I belive they are only used for the old X400

Sorry I couldn't help you more

Quote:> Does anyone know of any negative consequences of changing the Exchange 5.5
> organization / site display names? I have "_" and "." characters I need to
> remove before adding an Exchange 2000 server to the site.
> (this is in a production environment)

> Thanks!

Impact of site/org name change?

Post by Ulrich Schroete » Wed, 26 Jun 2002 02:59:03

Hi,

the displaynames are all face-masking .....
the real "internal" naming will becomes the problem .....
As of that, you can do an ExchangeMoveServer procedure (included in Exch5.5
sp3 and above)
to rename your organisation and/or site to a different name ..... so this
renaming will reflects
_all_ "internal" namings ....

regards, uli   ;-)

>Does anyone know of any negative consequences of changing the Exchange 5.5
>organization / site display names? I have "_" and "." characters I need to
>remove before adding an Exchange 2000 server to the site.
>(this is in a production environment)

>Thanks!

Impact of site/org name change?

Post by Neil Hobso » Wed, 26 Jun 2002 16:34:58

You don't need to modify the directory names via MSW, etc.  You can simply
alter the display names of the Organisation and Site, and these will become
the new values in your Exchange 2000 organisation when you add the first E2k
server to a 5.5 site (well, the Site display name becomes your first admin
group name in E2k).

--
Neil Hobson

Silversands