Problems with Public Folder Permissions

Post by Miles K. Forres » Sat, 25 Jul 1998 04:00:00

   One of our users is sharing their email in the public folders.  I want
some users to be able to edit these folders, and others to just be able to
red them.  As it is now, I've given each user individual permissions to do
each, but this is an administrative nightmare!

   These folders are numerous, and some have folders inside of folders.
What's the best way I can manage this problem, so that users who are
creating new folders don't have to learn a lot and yet still be able to have
a group who can add/delete messages and another who simply read them?

Thanks in advance,

Miles

Problems with Public Folder Permissions

Post by Rich Matheis » Sun, 26 Jul 1998 04:00:00

Quote:>   One of our users is sharing their email in the public folders.  I want
>some users to be able to edit these folders, and others to just be able to
>red them.  As it is now, I've given each user individual permissions to do
>each, but this is an administrative nightmare!

>   These folders are numerous, and some have folders inside of folders.
>What's the best way I can manage this problem, so that users who are
>creating new folders don't have to learn a lot and yet still be able to have
>a group who can add/delete messages and another who simply read them?

Assign the permissions to distribution lists and make the folder owner
the distribution list owner. The DL owner can manage the membership of
the list and, in that way, manage the group of users that have
permissions on the folders.

You, as the administrator, can assign users (or DL's) a role at the
top of each folder hierarchy and propogate those permissions to all
child folders (use the admin program).

1. problem in public folder permissions

 If i create newsgroup in Exchange 2000 enterprise server, it appears inside
Internet Newsgroup under Public Folders, and i give permission to different
users, it works fine through Outlook web access but the behaviour through
Outlook Express client is unpredictable. some of the newsgroups work fine
but in some newsgroups, it gives Access denied to the users, although the
users have Authour Permission. I have denied Anonymous Acces and using Basic
and Integrated windows Authentication.

--
Any help in this regard would be appreciated?
Thanks & Regards

2. Distribution List = Mainilg list?

3. Replication of Custom Recipients

4. log files

5. No inbound mail - Help !

6. Public Folder permissions / Team Folders problems

7. Public Folder, All Public Folders and permissions

8. permission problem when viewing posts with graphics in public folders

9. Public folders client permissions problem

10. public folder object permission problem