mailbox for misspelt mail addresses

Post by oli watt » Sat, 21 Jul 2001 02:11:04

Hi everyone,

I'm migrating out Notes system to Exchange 2000 and need to provide some
functionality that currently exists in Notes.

When a mail is sent to a incorrect address (but correct domain) a NDR is
produced for the sender of that mail.  In my understanding the mail at my
end is then lost because it doesn't have a valid recipient.  I need all
misspelt mails to arrive in a bin mailbox that can be sorted out at a later
date.

Thankfully I'm not responsible for sorting out the mail in the bin but it
still needs to happen.

Can anyone flex their brain for me please.

Cheers Oli

mailbox for misspelt mail addresses

Post by John Brow » Sat, 21 Jul 2001 03:31:36

This happens with Exchange automatically. Incorrectly addressed mail goes to
the "administrator" account (or service account if you renamed the user
"administrator")  and an NDR is sent to the sender. I have the mailbox named
"postmaster" for the username administrator, for instance.

JB

Quote:> Hi everyone,